Thread: Is it worth to upgrade 2.8 GHZ Celeron to 2.8GHZ Pentium 4

Is it worth to upgrade 2.8 GHZ Celeron to 2.8GHZ Pentium 4

Hi, I have a laptop and a desktop, recently I used only laptop, but if suppose some something happens wrong to my laptop, thus I can use other as a backup, but problem is like the configuration I have for desktop is too older actually, and because of that only I had planned to upgrade it, right now it has 2.8 GHZ Celeron inside and 256MB of RAM. which part shall I but new, so I can get at least better performance than this. Need suggestion.

Re: Is it worth to upgrade 2.8 GHZ Celeron to 2.8GHZ Pentium 4

it is good idea as you are going to upgrade the CPU, but before that I would like to recommend you that you should change the Motherboard also, because as you have mentioned that the board has 256 MB of RAM, that’s unfortunately says the motherboard also need to upgrade in order to get the latest peripherals to your machine. For that I would like to recommend you that buy the mobo from gigabyte only.

Yeah, if you are willing to update all the parts than I would say, it is too good, because according to me if you upgrade a little bit then after some time you feel that the machine is still slow for sure, thus I think you should try to upgrade the whole, and if your budget is not so high, then my recommendation is to have a Pentium 4 CPU with a 3 GHZ, and purchase I RAM of 512 MB, this will make a little bit difference in your performance.

Hey I would say, as you have said that you use it as a backup only, then why to upgrade the whole CPU? First of all the fact is you are not going to use It, you just want it as a backup only, according to me it was just a unnecessary expenditure. Rather I would say, if you just want to backup the data, you can simply buy a external hard drive, so that you can easily connect it your laptop, and take a backup, whenever it is needed.

I would like to recommend you the configuration which you will get under 15k, I hope this would be the enough budget I have given. See first of all don’t purchase the CPU from Intel rather you can have AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ which you’ll get under 2.5K, M2N-MX motherboard, I know for the motherboards, gigabyte is the leading brand, but the model that I have suggested you is the perfect one, about whatever you concern, it is low at price, good support for AMD. Along with that Trancent 1GB DDR2 667 MHz RAM.

See according to me there is no need to upgrade the whole CPU, rather you can simply upgrade the three things only, which is the main considerable parts, that affects the performance of computer, you can have AMD Athlon IIx3 440 processor,because I far as I know it has a very good performance as compare to P4,the mobo that will be perfectly suitable for these would be ASUS M4A78L-ME ,on which you can have 2GB 1333 MHz Corsair Value RAM, and the main thing is like you can have this configuration under 7.5K.

My recommendation is little bit different as you should visit any shop and then ask the shopkeeper about the latest configuration, and if the budget is too low, then the parts which would be more beneficial after upgrading it, because they would have the proper knowledge about computer hardware and thus, they would suggest you the best, or else you can go through the user guide for buying a computer peripheral, and internet will always be the best option, you can get the all the latest news and the compatibility with your hardware also.