Thread: AMD Processor Phenom II X4 955 running at 800MHz.

AMD Processor Phenom II X4 955 running at 800MHz.

Hey friends, I have changed my old processor for a new one. I did a small survey in the market and found out that the Phenom II x4 955 is the best processor available for a suitable price. As I assembled the computer and its components myself, I did not seek a professional advice before changing the processor. As I like to do that myself, I still don‘t want to call a mechanic to fix my problem .AS I want to learn and fix the problem wholly by myself.

Re: AMD Processor Phenom II X4 955 running at 800MHz.

It really needs a great effort to find and fix the error totally by yourself. I admire you for your though ‘s and hard –work that you may short be putting just in case any of the solution’s did not fix the problem correctly .Firstly you need to know that fact that you need to have a compatible motherboard for fixing you processor on it , without a compatible motherboard your processor won’t work . Even if your processor is fitting it physical on the motherboard you should check if the processor can be fixed logically on motherboard you are using.

Hey dude, please make an effort to post the configuration of the system you are using and also the name and the version number of the operating system that you are running. Remember this information whenever you post quires on the internet with respect to troubleshooting the problem related to motherboard and hardware. Especially your motherboard and PSU make and model number. These are the vital information that you need to input before posting any question here.

I am extremely sorry for not posting such vital information on the question, I promise that I won‘t do that again. I am running a Phenom II x4 955 processor by AMD My motherboard is MSI H K9F2 And I have a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 260 as my graphics card. MY PSU is thermaltake 450m and mine model is AVO-350AL2CC. I am running windows & home which is a 64 bit version. And The only problem I have been facing here is the that my Processor is been locked at 800MHz and not moving beyond that, I have already checked for the capability of my motherboard to the processor.

I suggest you to check if you have disabled cool and quite in the bios as if that is disabled then it fine and if it s is enabled then you need to disable it. It is a unique feature provided by AMD processor that supports switching of the processor muilticore, multiplier, to the actual usages that the system is currently having. It mainly help in reducing the Vcore and the working frequency of the system. This can be founded out easily in vista. And in XP you need to go to the bios for the enabling it or disabling it.

If your motherboard is compatible with the processor you are using then there should not any problem in the working of processor. The only problem that could occur in it would be with the BIOS .Update your bios to latest version and see it that works. IT very easy to update a bios you just need to follow four steps and you are done with the bios updating . First identify your current Bios version, second check your PC/motherboard manufacturer website for any bios updates., third read the documentation information carefully as it would also contain an exe file included in it , Last step just double click on the exe file and the pc would automatically start rebooting and applying the change .