Thread: Opeteron vs Phenom II X4

Opeteron vs Phenom II X4

Hello friends. Greetings to all of you. I hope that you all have been doing well. Basically,I am thinking to build up a new flanged system which will perform in the excellent way as per my surroundings. So, friends, needed your suggestions whether I should go for Opeteron or Phenom II X4. Do reply people and let me know the differences of each of them and also the advantages and disadvantages of their features. Thanks in advance for the replies as I indeed appreciate it. Take Care.

Re: Opeteron vs Phenom II X4

Hello. I would like to say you tha the platform structural design of the G34 Opterons is by a long way poles apart when we compare it to the Phenom IIs, nevertheless the micro architecture is indistinguishable. The silicon dies used in the "Magny-Cours" G34 chips are almost impossible to tell apart to the Phenom II X6 "Thuban," .For illustration, I can say the 8-core chips include two six-core dies along with two cores on every die disabled.

Hey mate, as per my thinking, I believe the mere improvement of the Opterons is that they maintain ECC memory. In case, you are not concerned about that, I will unquestionably get one of the newer in addition to the faster Ph II Control Processing Units. In fact, it is even enhanced that you only require the Opteron to run additional DIMMs. Phenom II and Athlon II Control Processing Units hold un buffered i.e. unregistered ECC Random Access Memory. The restriction for authentic use comes from the majority of desktop board makers not sustaining this characteristic.

Hey buddy . I am fine and doing well. Fundamentally Opteron and Phenom are the equivalent core, and in nearly every case, clock for clock, they will execute identically and also match in their performance. The large differentiation stuck between the processors is the certifications as well as duty cycles. I would also like to bring to your notice that Opteron is proficient for windows server, linux server plus the enterprise apps similar to SAP and Oracle.

Hi. What’s up? Opteron is particular for a duty cycle which is 7x24 for 3-5 years and advanced consumption. Phenom is precise for a additional consumer-like duty cycle .I am sorry but I am unaware about the specs nevertheless it is additionally like 5x10 for 5 days a week. Also, the Phenom II 2.6 will be more rapid, whichever of them, presented that you hop on registered ECC Random Access Memory, in case you previously have such Random Access Memory, you might as well get an Opteron.

Hello mate. I would like to say something related to the discussion going on. Well, there are, not many but some dissimilarity in the power attributes. The bus speed for the Opteron is also to some extent more, despite the fact that the Opteron is perceptibly of a lower clock speed. An opteron processor is further dependable than an X4, in fact, it was in the beginning intended for servers. The optteron runs cooler and also has more over clocking probablility.

Hello, I am fine . How you doing? As per my knowledge, I doubt that AMD is having the funds or we can say resources in order to sustain to modify their sockets, chipsets intend as frequently as Intel can and does, so I will merely anticipate a AMD board to be enhanced for likely prospect Control Processing Unit upgrades as AMD will wish to release the greatest Control Processing Unit probable devoid of having many alterations. Thank You.