Thread: How to do temperature monitoring in ubuntu 10.0?

How to do temperature monitoring in ubuntu 10.0?

I have installed Ubuntu 10.04 on the computer of mine. I have searched for the temp monitor but I was unable to find out anything to get the same. So I wanted to know to know how can I monitor the temperature of the CPU and GPU? Let me know if you are aware of anything which would be suitable to fix the matter of mine. any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to do temperature monitoring in ubuntu 10.0?

Looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here I am suggesting that you should download The Platform Manager. It used to integrate the programmable analog and logic which is used to support many common feature for the power management and digital housekeeping. It provides you improved system reliability and would provide the high degree of the flexibility which reduces the risk of the circuit board re-spins. So you should try the same and let me know whether it was helpful to you.

In this particular situation you need to use any of the below mentioned command on the terminal.
    Code:
    apt-get install lm_sensors
    or
    Code:
    apt-get install lm-sensors
    after executing the same you should run the detection script on the computer. I let you know that you should run the random code which is available on the internet. Debian and ubuntu and some other distros which are modify the packages so it might be differing from the source code. If you have managed to get the decent sensor chip then I am sure that it would be definitely work for you. You need to get the idea to check the sensor calibration with the external sensor like DMM.

I am suggesting following steps which you can use to fix the matter of yours. You have to go for System and go for Administration and go for Services. In order to start the lm-sensors on the system you should execute the below mentioned command on the terminal.
    Code:
    sudo /etc/init.d/lm-sensors start
    So run the same and let me know about the result.

As far as I know you need to restart the computer of yours and you have to load the all the kernel modules. As you get the temp data your system would be restarted where you will have several options. Now you should add the hardware sensor monitors to the panel. Now you have to enter Sensor on the terminal. After doing the same you should install the GUI based app which is called as gkrellm into the repositories on the system of yours. I am hoping that it would be helpful to you.

Well I wanted to say thanks to all of the guys who have replied with me possible solution to fix the matter of mine. I have successfully installed and configured the lm-sensors on the computer of mine. also I am using the program which is called gkrellm to get the readings on the system of mine. so I am really happy because I am able to get the temperature reading of the CPU and GPU of mine.