Thread: Compatible RAM for motherboard Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3

Compatible RAM for motherboard Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3

Hi, I have a GA-870A-UD3 motherboard and I am using it since last six months, and along with that I have a two GSKILL RAM that I was using with it, but from last two days, I am having problem in my RAM became unstable and started causing BSODs and failing memtest86+. And because of that I am planning to have a new RAM for my computer, so which one shall I prefer? Which one would be best compatible with my motherboard need suggestion.

re: Compatible RAM for motherboard Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3

I am not very much aware about the error you have mentioned, but it seems, there is a problem in your RAM itself, thus before buying it, I would like to suggest you that you should first check whether the RAM working perfectly or not, because there might be different reason of having such a errors, It might be possible that the RAM would be OK, you should first check it out from the local computer peripheral store.

Hey why you’re buying the new RAM, Where as you have the option for replacement, I would recommend you to replace the RAM from the service center, and off course there is no doubt that it would be more beneficial. And as you have mentioned you have this ram since last six months, then I think there won’t any issue regarding the warranty period also. So dude, first of you should try this, otherwise if you want to purchase a new RAM, then it is too easy to get, but the thing is why to waste money.

I would like to suggest you that, you should consult an hardware engineer before buying the RAM, you can do it on your own also, if you have the sufficient knowledge about the motherboard you are using and the compatibility of the RAM with your motherboard. Because if you purchase it wrong one, then you cannot help it. And you can check rather test the compatibility of the RAM with your motherboard on the official site of gigabyte, so you’d get the basic idea that, which one would be better to you.

If you are planning to buy it on your own I would suggest you some of the name that is known to me, and that would be surely compatible with your motherboard. First of all you can have F3-18400CL8D-4G***S from Gskill, KHX2133C9D3T1K2/4GX from Kingston, HMT351U6AFR8C-H9 from hynix. And for further details about the RAM, I am giving the .PDF file that you can download to your PC and easily get the information about the RAM, and all the RAM mentioned in that list is compatible with your motherboard, thus you won’t have to bother about it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

See, the error you have mentioned that’s the BSOD, it would be because of any reason, it is not necessary that it is caused by the RAM only, sometimes due to the fault in the motherboard also causes the same problem, or might be due to the crash in the operating system also cause the same error, thus I would recommend you that first of all ensure that, where is the actual problem, then only decide to do the further operation. Actually this kind of error occur that makes computer to stop responding in order to prevent damage to the hardware.