Thread: Want to know is Intel Core i5 2400 and Gigabyte GA-H67A-UD3H a good choice

Want to know is Intel Core i5 2400 and Gigabyte GA-H67A-UD3H a good choice

I am having computer which is quite outdated now so I am planning to buy new one so that I could have a best built of my computer. I found that my local dealer is offering Intel Core i5 2400 processor along with Gigabyte GA-H67A-UD3H motherboard at a discount rate. So I would like to know more about this hardware so that the confusion I am having in buying these device could be avoided. So please discuss in this topic and let me know much about this.

Re: Want to know is Intel Core i5 2400 and Gigabyte GA-H67A-UD3H a good choice

The processor you mentioned is a Sandy Bridge processors and I think they are very good, but keep in mind that the only ones possible for over clocking are the K series and must be supplemented by a table of the P67 series. Other than that I stick to stock speeds. The K series are little more expensive than the ordinary CPU locked but unlike the normal price structure. So it is a worth having these processors as you are having the latest technology processor with you.

The processor which you mentioned is based on second generation Intel’s technology. This processor is having 4 cores and is much better than core 2 duo processors. Intel also says that these processors consume less power so don’t mind in buying this processor. The gigabyte motherboard you specified is quite a good choice and it supports core i7 processors if in future you need to upgrade the processor for your motherboard.

The motherboard has a support for 32 GB of memory capacity and it uses Dual data rate version 3 RAM chip. It follows architecture of dual channel memory. Also it has DVI port on the board so that you can plug any monitor which has DVI port on it. It also provides HDMI port in order to have high definition output to any external video device which even supports the same and it contains all the basic stuff that is provided with regular motherboard.

The processor clocks at 3.10GHz and 6 MB of cache memory. It also provides you with the features like synchronize video, then true HD technology; it also offers a graphic processing unit for processing HD videos. The motherboard which you are talking of monitors several things like it detects system voltage, then fan speed, also provides warning if there is overheating inside the board, then you could flash the BIOS with @BIOS or Qflash utilities. So in all go for the configuration and enjoy these devices.