Thread: Getting Power surge on USB hub warning on GA-P67A-UD7-B3 motherboard

Getting Power surge on USB hub warning on GA-P67A-UD7-B3 motherboard

I am having Gigabyte motherboard and nowadays I am getting the power surge problem whenever I try to plug any USB device. I am using windows as my operating system and when I click on the warning message that windows gives me it shows that there is some unknown device connected to USB hub but the thing is that I have not connected any device on USB 3 port and even then it gives me this error so what shall I do to remove the warning.

Re: Getting Power surge on USB hub warning on GA-P67A-UD7-B3 motherboard

I guess there is something that is getting attached to USB 3 port. There might be something happening inside your motherboard. So open the cabinet and check whether some wire lying on USB connector. If you found then place it aside as it cause a shot to the pins of USB 3 port and then it may lead to stoppage of USB 3 port functioning. After verifying these just close the cabinet again and then start your computer again and the power surge message won’t come back.

If you are connecting more number of USB device then the power which is been supplied by PSU gets distributed. So just unplug some of the USB device because as you are getting power surge problem so there is a case where USB device are not getting enough power to function. It would be better that you connect your USB device to the back panel of your motherboard because back panel USB gets more power than front panel jack. So try avoiding connecting USB devices on your front panel jack.

If you have installed some of the software on your computer and if these software’s are incompatible with your operating system then it might give you this warning message. You would have installed some the drivers or software related to USB and because of that you are getting this problem. So I suggest you to perform the system restore function on your computer in order to switch back to the previous working state and also it would remove all the software which was installed after restore point.

As you are getting power surge on USB hub message for USB 3 devices, so you should plug your entire device to USB 2 port to remove this warning. If you are not using USB 3 port or any such device which works on this USB 3.0 version then you can disable USB 3 function on your BIOs. So just enter BIOS setup and just disable USB 3.0 ports from the option and then you would get rid of the power surge on USB hub warning message from windows.

I have searched for the power surge warning message of USB hub and I found that it is caused due to USB drivers. In your case I think you are having outdated USB drivers which is causing this problem. I would recommend you to download Renesas USB drivers for your operating system and then install it on your computer. After this it would definitely remove the power surge on USB hub warning message from your computer.