Thread: Where to find Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 REV 3.1 editions

Where to find Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 REV 3.1 editions

I was searching this forum for some time, most retailers are 2.1 and 3.1 are also some advertise that they do not actually have, I have sent 3.0 weeks ago. Could gigabyte staff or anyone who knows about this tell me where to get one, or when you should be on the shelves. I have inquired this question Gigabyte United Kingdom last week and have not had a response up till now. Does anyone know about this? Please help me to solve this issue. Thank you.

re: Where to find Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 REV 3.1 editions

Hi I have the same question, but I'm 99% sure that some cards to Revision 3.1 and had appeared for a time back in March. It is obvious to rethink their marketing and decided Prerelease with bulldozers. Can you confirm that? Any idea? I ask because I've been waiting for approximately two months earlier than building my fresh system, waiting for the new revision 3.1. That each day would come to the stores. It is very clear now that they have changed their original preparation in support of the specific products (Rev.3.1 AM3 +), to coincide with "hot seller Bulldozer" AMD availability.

I just received a reply from Gigabyte with respect to the availability of rev 3.1 mother in the UK and should begin to appear in the next 3-4 weeks. Not aware of any matter relating to production problems due to the earthquake in Japan, but I'm sure must have had some effect. I'm not sure any of the 3.1 boards have been made available yet, but I could be wrong. A few websites have been advertising but I think this was more wishful thinking than to keep them in stock. Like most manufacturers would think that Gigabyte also feel it prudent to wait to release these pads a bit, to match the new processors when it comes, but this is just speculation on my part.

I think the Rev 3.0 boards are available, but of course, the vendors try to move further action in the first place, to seize one of which could also be difficult. He also informed me today that users of the Rev 3.0 boards will be able to use the BIOS for the rev 3.1 boards so they can run the new AM3 + processors when they come along, but with some limitations, especially with temperature sensing. My information is that it will start shipping in late May.

Re: Where to find Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 REV 3.1 editions

One part of information I have just given through Gigabyte is that those of us through older rev 1 and 2 collectively is, "can be done through the BIOS through request simply (we have to eliminate various other functions to obtain a number of space for AM3 + support code).”It appear as if we will be able to run the new processors in the existing joints with limited functionality (like those with Rev 3.0 boards), but will have to ask Gigabyte, through support technical, to write a specific BIOS for us. This is due mainly to the size of the BIOS chip reviews, and may lose the support of other processors, etc., so it will work with AM3 CPU +.