Thread: USB ports not working with Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H (rev2.1)

ali Guest

USB ports not working with Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H (rev2.1)

Since the construction of the system two days ago, only 2 USB ports have worked (those with the PS / 2). The other two pairs (including USB 3.0) does not seem to work at all, even during boot, so I tend to believe that this is not an operating system problem (I tested kb, mouse, memory cards, etc .) I updated all motherboard drivers disk included, and also specifically downloaded and updated USB 3.0 drivers, but did nothing. Front USB ports on my system, connected to the head USB4 seem to be working fine (tried to disconnect and try again, if there was any conflict rare, but the building in which still does not work). Please help me thank you.

Re: USB ports not working with Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H (rev2.1)

Hi I am facing the similar problem. At one point, right after I installed the drivers from the motherboard CD, I received a message from Windows saying it's too much voltage in one of the USB ports, etc. However, the issue had occurred before that anything anyway and was connected to the ports of a malfunction at the time and a keyboard and a mouse was the only thing connected to the 2 ports working. I have not perceived that message for a second time. Captivatingly, the entire ports appear to be present within the device manager not including any difficulty. I can delete it, then when you reboot, Windows 7 having a copy from there and functioning properly, so he says. I have a defective motherboard? Is there any way to test the internal ports motherboard with some diagnostics?

Do you have connections to the integrated USB sockets? Have you enabled Legacy USB devices (or similar) in BIOS? If not the mouse and keyboard would not work before you get Windows drivers loaded anyway? What BIOS version are you running? If you're not confident then go into BIOS and press the F9 key or, if you comprise disabled the BOOT Logo it be supposed to show you resting on the first POST Screen. The latest version of your motherboard is and if FF is not running this time would be worthwhile to upgrade to it and you can download the form here:
    http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...3516&dl=1#bios

ali Guest

Hello thank you for your response. The keyboard and mouse are connected to the only two working USB ports (six totals). Legacy USB devices are enabled in the BIOS. Was by default and not change. I just got the Windows power overflow error message again when the team returned to wait. I'm thinking it may have a defective motherboard. Is there any way to confirm this? I really do not want to disassemble the equipment and send it back. I am running and FF. I remembered that with at BIOS. There seems no dissimilarity. Interestingly, I attempt to open a support ticket within the Gigabyte website. It appears that the link is broken. I'm going to call during business hours U.S. standard. Any other ideas?

There does appear to be a difficulty through the Gigabyte's Main site at the moment and I anticipate you have additional fun demanding to contact Gigabyte than we have in the UK! I have to admit I've never come across stress on the warning it received from Windows and approximating you that makes me think there's most likely a problem through the motherboard. As a matter of interest is the mouse and keyboard also is new? If you have any other banging around off can be helpful is using and trying different. I've had some strange things happen with mice and keyboards, but I'm grasping at straws here, being completely honest.

Some days before I was facing same issue. I took it out of the box, boots, and all ports work fine. So what I finally figured out is that Lian Li case I'm using (my roommate) had additional bands if they (and they are the great squares of metal), they were not behind the screw holes in my motherboard. I did not realize it. Well, I did not put there to begin with. And I do not know. Additional elevator was right behind the area of the motherboard with USB ports. Carried out, everything works fine.