Thread: Need Sound driver for Intel 845 Motherboard system driver

Need Sound driver for Intel 845 Motherboard system driver

I Have a Pentium-IV Computer which is 2.66 GHz which I bought 3 Months ago and has got Intel 845 Mother board system on it. But recently I had a virus problem on my pc because I had not installed any antivirus and my pc. So, my pc performance dropped and it responded very slowly. So, I needed to format it and reinstall Windows. Now when I play songs there is no sound. Please help me solve my problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Need Sound driver for Intel 845 Motherboard system driver

I have gone through your problem regarding sound. As you said that you reinstalled windows on your system as you had virus problem by formatting your system. When system is formatted or windows is reinstalled on the computer, all the related drivers must be reinstalled too. You need to install sound driver for your computer, you can install drivers from the driver CD which you get with your pc. Check for the sound driver in the CD and install it. This will definitely solve your problem.

I too have Intel 845 Motherboard in my home Computer. And had got the same problem earlier & I was unable to figure out that where exactly the problem was. So I reinstalled the sound driver for my 845 Motherboard from the driver CD that I got with the Computer when I bought it. After reinstalling the sound driver for my motherboard form the Motherboard CD, I restarted my computer. And my problem was solved and the sound was flowing out of my speakers.

Every Mother board has its own unique set of drivers. As you mentioned in your question that you have Intel 845 Motherboard in your Computer and you have a sound problem that you are not getting any sound. If you have already installed sound driver for your 845 Motherboard check for the correct version of the sound driver you installed. If you have installed a sound driver that does not match your motherboard model the driver won’t work. For this, you need to search for appropriate sound driver for your 845 Motherboard and install it on your system. This might solve your problem.

I too got the No Sound problem for my personal Computer which has 845 Motherboard on it. Now I don’t have the option to install the sound driver from Motherboard CD as I lost my Motherboard CD. I searched for it, then I got the solution for it, I found software on the Intel Official website called “Intel Drive Update Utility” which automatically detects your missing drivers and installs it on your system. After I installed the software on my computer, I found the sound driver. And my sound was working properly then.