Thread: Is more ghz better or more cores?

Is more ghz better or more cores?

Hello friends. Greetings to all. I hope that you all have been doing well. Basically, I have a query in mind, hence, thought to leave a post here. I would like to know whether more ghz is better or more cores?. My build will mostly be for 3d or photo and some gaming . I may be having the Intel 2600K control processing unit and the AMD II Phenom BE 1100T x6. so fundamentally 4 cores vs. 6 cores. Habitually when rendering one makes full use of each and every cores, which will be quicker?

Re: Is more ghz better or more cores?

Hey mate. I am fine. According to my experience, each test that I have seen demonstrates the 2600k to the lead, although just slightly on the greatly threaded applications. I would imply you that if you wish to purchase as soon as possible then go for the 2600k safe in the acquaintance it’s an breathtaking chip, if it is not that urgent, then there is no harm in waiting and watching what bulldozer brings to the table in a month or so. I hope this helps. Thanks.

Hey dude, I would like to tell you that the 2600k is able to hit 5giga hertz while the Phenom X6 is just able to hit 4Gigahertz consequently there is an noteworthy dissimilarity. Also, if you are giving thoughts on bulldozer, then I feel, Bulldozer's cost will fall sharply conditioned it comes out and expenses more than Sandy Bridge devoid of matching or bettering the act, or it presently won't be bought by anyone.
    Also, how it will stack up to Ivy Bridge will be worth watching.

Hi. I would like to bring to your notice that you can all time look into changing a few of your representation over to cuda or opencl. Which can blow away any control processing unit. It depend if the exacting plug ins you like or satisfactory substitution You will be able to set Photoshop to use retracing by means of graphic processing unit. Also, blender works on opencl, so seems like the majority of what you posted is covered or will be very soon. I hope my post helps you.

I would like to inform you that a lot of 3d stuff has been going to Graphic Processing Unit at present, andyou can make use of SLI or Crossfire for that although for some renderers they still have stuck to control processing unit for some time. Also, keep in mind, luxrender or yafaray have GPU editions which are like still WIP and you will be able to get renderers like Octane which is clean graphic processing unit and they hold up ATI then for the reason that Nvidia is so very nice.