Thread: Why it is needed to replace the cmos battery

Why it is needed to replace the cmos battery

I am using computer in which I have installed the windows vista in it. I have read somewhere about changing the CMOS battery. There was mentioned like after every particular period of time in every computer CMOS battery needed to be replaced. I just want to know that what is cmos and why it is needed to replace the cmos battery. I am just going to my hardware course which states the cmos battery change. Please tell me about that.

Re: Why it is needed to replace the cmos battery

Must first be clear that the concept is independent of the concept battery CMOS. Although they are linked because the CMOS is a read-only memory is the hardware information from the motherboard and other things such as date, time , hard drives, memory, processor, video card, etc .. To enter the CMOS you have to type at the time of system boot: key Del or Del, or f2 or f10 it depends on card manufacturer setting.

Personal computers also contain a small amount of CMOS battery to store the date, time and some configurations of the system (BIOS settings). Often, the BIOS and CMOS can be confused, because to perform certain operations may be indicated to enter the BIOS (BIOS Setup) or CMOS (CMOS Setup), treating them as synonymous. Although the configuration of the BIOS / CMOS is done in the same place, the BIOS and CMOS on the motherboard are not the same.

If this is not enough, the problem is certainly due to the fact that the CMOS battery, which allows the power when the computer is turned off (and thus keep the information), must be HS. The CMOS battery is a battery button located on the motherboard. His change is quite simple, just refer to the manual of the motherboard. In case of doubt it is best to contact the reseller nearest you, who will be able to change it without risk of damaging anything!

Type widely used semiconductor technology. The semiconductor CMOS circuits using NMOS and PMOS. Since only one type of circuit is active at a given time, CMOS chips require less power than chips using just one type of transistor. This makes them particularly attractive for use in devices that use batteries as notebooks. Good is a sensor that detects the light based on CMOS technology. With CMOS technology can integrate more functions on a sensor chip, such as control of brightness, contrast correction, or an analog-digital converter.