Thread: Need help with cpu speed

Need help with cpu speed

i have an Alienware m15x laptop and its been good to me so far. but lately its been getting extremely laggy and it hasn't been doing its job lately. it has and Intel i7 m620 2.67 ghz possessor. 4 gbs of ram. any ideas on how to increase my speed?

Re: Need help with cpu speed

Well the configuration that you are using seems to be heavy and still the speed is low. I am amazed, now i just want to ask is there are such programs which are running in the background and if are unable to determine them then you can use task manager you will get the appropriate Idea. And still need information on how to increase the speed then visit here.

no i dont really run to many programs in the background. just skype (ive been exiting it regularly) and steam. could steam downloads be slowing my speed?

Have you sited the link which I mentioned in the above post it didn’t help you? Anyways as mentioned by you that there are no process running at the startup or normal processing and still the speed is low and I guess there must be virus in your system which is making the system to work slow or must be easting up all the process so here I want you to install an appropriate antivirus on the system and then scan the system and see how things goes. I hope that doing the same will help you.