Thread: Using wireless internet causes random BSOD's

Using wireless internet causes random BSOD's

I am having the ASUS K42JA-VX032D laptop with the below mentioned configuration.
    • 4gb of RAM
    • 2gb ATI mobility radeon 5730 grafix card
    • i5-m460 processor
    • running on windows 7 ultimate 64bit
    • kaspersky internet security 2011

The BSOD's which I obtain are very accidental and I never know subsequent BSOD is going to occur. The BSOD's occur generally when it is inactive and it is completely okay, as I am gaming. I obtain most of BSOD's as on wireless internet otherwise watching a movie. The system freezed 2-3 times while watching movie. Please help me. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: Using wireless internet causes random BSOD's

My suggestion to you is to uninstall the Kapersky Internet Security. It might be the reason behind this issue as antivirus is one of the most common reason for the BSOD. So simply remove that from your computer. But it is risky to use the computer without antivirus so you can make use of the Microsoft Security Essentials and that will not cause the problem for you. Try this and let us know if it resolves the issue. Thank you.

There are many points to Mountmgr.sys errors, which is a driver that Windows uses to keep the drive letters. Because of this and the great variety of error checks, it is possible that there is a problem with your hard drive. Open an important command prompt (Start> type cmd> right click> Run as administrator) and run the command sfc / scannow. Once finished, take note of what he says then run the chkdsk / r to check the hard drive. You may have to restart the computer to run scan disk, and may take some time to complete.

I like to say that the game stress is the most commonly reason for this. The fact that you get random errors, not rule out a hardware problem which may yet rule out things like overheating. There is possibility that it is the problem with the memory and hard drive but It looks more similar to a software difficulty to me than the hardware. The sfc / scannow does not have to do with the hard disk. Instead, it analyzes the Windows system files and makes sure everything is okay, then replace anything you have problems. If the output says he does not find any "integrity violations", then you are clear in this regard.

I want you to run the chkdsk / r, however. The disk check probably did check the hard disk hardware but not the software, and system files and such. I think the real focus here is Mountmgr.sys having problems, if the operating system, hard disk software is known to interfere at this time. Install the latest drivers for your motherboard from the ASUS website.

It seems there are some corruption of the operating system and may have to reinstall Windows to fix the problems, but might be able to get away with ignoring them. I try to work around it first. If you are still getting BSODs, I would like to try to run sfc / scannow from the installer of Windows 7. Do you have a recovery partition or a Windows installation CD? If yes then you can make use of that as well.