Thread: Difference between 4GB to 8GB RAM for Multitasking

Difference between 4GB to 8GB RAM for Multitasking

I am working on my next assemble and I am not Sure if I have to go with 8 GB or 16 GB of RAM? I want to know that historically about that, there were times where extra memory was not essentially better, even sometimes it would cause reduced performance, I surprise if this will still be the case ?I have a dual screen setup. And now then I will be using windows 7 64bit for Operating system. I use my computer mainly for work and gambling. I will have a SSD as main Operating system or Program drive. My Work involves Photoshop, Dreamweaver. Bye the way I am a web designer. And also I am a intensive multi-tasking man. Please tell me about this.

Re: Difference between 4GB to 8GB RAM for Multitasking

Why would more process memory influence graphics performance? Because graphics cards can hold back process memory for texture storage and such. But my system's GT X570 has 1280MB of its own not external, so far still reserves 2815MB of process memory, for a total of 4095MB of accessible graphics memory. And in general, four times you have sufficient memory for the programs you run, having more memory would not lift up performance any further.On the other hand, multitasking will be more rapidly and smoother. And, loading the games themselves and game levels will be more rapid. a smaller amount graphical anomalies in games as fine. With more memory comes a greater graphical detail level in games. Commonly together with your program load, I would absolutely suggest 12GB or 16GB. I bought 12GB for my Sandy Bridge method because I favored to be a bit more future-proof than 8GB of memory could make available.

In case you predict needing more bandwidth (such as purchasing TWO future, better graphics cards) then the x58 technique is a must. Your CPU is as well as a bottleneck. If in doubt get the x58 setup with 6GB of DDR3 1600MHz. Gaming update: ought to add that an x58 (1366 socket) motherboard provides 2x the bandwidth between CPU and Graphics card as an 1156 motherboard. An HD5870 (very quickest graphics card) makes use of about 50% of the 1156 motherboard so TWO of these in Crossfire would use the whole bandwidth. I bought an 1156 motherboard because it consumed slightly less power when paired with its CPU as some parts where moved in to the CPU and were more efficient. Again, the ONLY tradeoff is the 2x difference in bandwidth obtainable to the PCIe bus.

I can personally assure for using Photoshop with the scratch being on a RAM disk. Whenever dealing with any big images or images with layers, having a RAM disk scratch area has improved performance significantly on my work process for example AMD Athlon II X4, 8GB of RAM.I would suggested getting as much RAM as not your beyond the limit allows. 8GB would be vast for what you do, but if more is in your budget, go forward and acquire it while it is low-priced. No one knows if it will get cheaper, at least not at once. Don’t get triple kits or quad kits or hex kits, the cost per stick will be considerably more. For example, purchasing identical single sticks was very 40% cheaper than purchasing a triple-channel kit of the same RAM.

For RAM, Scratchpad, Photoshop. You have to let Windows 7 handle your RAM. Photoshop generally defaults to make use of approx. 55% in the occasion when you have RAM although you can change this. There is no reason to utilize another program to attempt to force Photoshop to make use of more RAM since it already works perfectly. For example, in the event you have 8GB and run Photoshop it will assign 4GB of the Technique RAM for itself that is used by nothing else. There are some individual cases where forcing RAM to be used in exact ways can be nice but Photoshop is not of them. Again, you can already tell Photoshop how much RAM to utilize.