Thread: How to take control of BIOS beep

How to take control of BIOS beep

My computer has some kind of special program that alerts me while I require taking accomplishment. It does this by means of activating a solitary beep on top of the bios. It does not approach through my outside speakers otherwise earphones. It is coming only from the CPU case speaker or maybe motherboard speaker. Is there whichever method I can obtain the PC to play this beep (otherwise alternating sound) all the way through my outside earphones or speakers? I own a Dell Dimension 3100, through A03 Bios which is running Windows XP.

Re: How to take control of BIOS beep

I don’t think that there will be any way to switch BIOS beep sound from inner speaker to outer speaker. If there was anyway then you might have get the option either in the BIOS or somewhere else in the Control panel. So far I haven’t seen any kind of settings or option in Windows XP. However if there will be any possible way to set this then that would be the registry editing. There could some registry entries which you may need to alter it in order to make some necessary changes.

As far as I know that the BIOS beep sound configuration is default settings which cannot be modified any manner. The only thing you can do is either Enable or Disable. Other than this you can’t do anything with that beep sound. You might have familiar with the Enabling and disabling of Beep sound. However one thing you can do in order to get beep in external speaker and that is connecting a additional speaker to the CPU case if the motherboard uses computer case speaker rather than onboard speaker. You can replace the case speaker with yours one.

The "beeper" as well as the Windows Audio device are totally detach. It's the program itself that take controls of which one it utilizes - there's no method to "cross connect" them yourself. If the program itself doesn't comprise the preference to toggle it, you’d have to obtain the program developer to repair it. The simply fixation you can carry out yourself is off-ramp the beep completely.

Seeing that some motherboard manufacturer has created their own new version of BIOS for their latest series of motherboard which is based on the Graphical user interface. You should check on that. There will you will get several additional features as well as options to customize your BIOS settings and furthermore. I hope that among them you will also get a option to switch the Beep sound from onboard speaker to exterior speaker.

First of the Disable the BIOS beep sound in your computer and then see whether it will automatically going to switch the beep to the external speaker or not. To do this:
    • Right-click on My Computer > Properties> Hardware tab> [Device Manager]
    • On top of the “View” menu, choose “Show hidden devices”
    • Underneath “Non-Plug and Play Drivers”, right-click “Beep”
    • Click “Disable”
    • Select [Yes] while prompted if you actually would like to disable it
    • Select [No] while prompted if you would like to reboot
    • Right-click “Beep” over again.
    • Click “Properties”>“Driver” tab, put the Startup type toward Disabled
    • Click [Stop]>[OK] and lastly [No] while prompted if you would like to reboot

Jame Smeth Guest

The pattern of beeps whether its the number of beeps or the length of those beeps will give you an indication of the actual problems, 1 short beep-System is ok, 2 short beep-Error code shown on screen, 1 long and 1 short beep-System board problem, 1 long and 2 short beeps-Display adapter problems.