Thread: Beeping sound when pausing/unpausing/playing music/movies

Beeping sound when pausing/unpausing/playing music/movies

I think this a driver problem. I get beeps whenever I pause or seek in movie and sound players. I've tried the newest drivers, the beta drivers, the next-to-newest drivers, and the drivers off the disc. All have the same issue; it seems to be a problem with the implementation of the mic drivers, because I can change the nature of the beeps by muting or un-muting the mic in the control panel (goes from short beep at pause to prolonged beep until I hit play again). The card seems to work on the vista computer in my house. I'm running XP SP3 with all of the latest updates; onboard sound is disabled; old drivers are cleaned with driver cleaner and driver sweeper; registry is cleared of old driver’s entries.

Re: Beeping sound when pausing/unpausing/playing music/movies

I see somebody get some like me BEEP / tune Beep. U need uninstall OEM driver so hardly using driver sweeper after u uninstall. Uninstall at control panel if u like to go back to None OEM driver from web or disk. There no solution at all after they update and update so many times to resolved the BEEP. I used x-fi surround 5.1 usb. And windows xp whatever sp2 or sp3 that’s same probs. Maybe just maybe daniel will give chances put some USB driver x-fi update fixed. And maybe daniel can give us HD driver USB. I don’t know what your card using to. The only chances to get out those Beep is about just uninstall all kind of driver OEM from web beta OEm update etc. Just use clean driver that windows detected hardware version year 2001.

My answer is to "update" my driver using USB_PCDRVBETA_US_1_01_0098.exe. At the moment, you can get it by clicking on "Beta Driver” in the Creative's Support downloads pages. This has fixed the beeps, without causing the registry key handle problem. I still cannot use the native interface in Windows Media Player 11, though. Incidentally, this problem is unique to Windows Media Player - nothing else on my system thinks there are problems with the native driver.

I've got a method of solving the beeping problem. Install the latest driver, no more issues but there are beeps. Go to the Entertainment Centre, go to EAX effects, select Theatre (or any effects) and turn it way down to -60dB. This will solve MOST of the beeping problems but NOT all. Play/pause will have no more beeps but sometimes when launching a song will have beeps. I can estimate that around 80 percent of the beeping is gone.

I took the approach of buying a cheap Lindy USB soundcard. For me, the ultimate "plug it and forget it" solution. I plugged it in about a year ago, and I just had to go searching under the back of my desk to recall what it was. Ofcourse, the beeps are now gone, but there was a psychological advantage as well; I'm convinced that the sound is superior. Strangely enough, I still think that a year later, so maybe there's something to it.

I got this xfi because it was really cheap. I told myself why not, just to see what x-fi can deliver.
    It was a refurbished unit on sale on Amazon. And also I bought it during the valentine sale, 30 % off, total was only USD 30. I can’t see any scratches on it; everything works beautifully except the drivers though. Compared to my motherboard onboard audio, the VIA HD audio codec or something, the xfi is clearly much better and can send more bass to my headphones. The onboard one just distorts when i increase the bass through the EQ.