Thread: How to deal with switch bios problem in Asus Rampage III Black Edition

How to deal with switch bios problem in Asus Rampage III Black Edition

I am having certain issue with swapping settings Asus Rampage III Black Edition. I had just changed my old motherboard of MSI and installed this. It is entirely a new motherboard. So I hope at the start there might be not major fault in the same. I have a problem when I try to save multiple bios settings. What happens here is that whenever I enter new value in the bios page it reset the same. Like if configure settings 1 and settings 2 and when I reboot both settings are altered. I am not able to figure out the reason behind the same. Does this fault is from the vendors side. When I reset one the second is also gets reset.

Re: How to deal with switch bios problem in Asus Rampage III Black Edition

Your issue is not really quiet understandable. As per your question it is found that you are not able to save your bios settings. First you are trying to create multiple profiles and then save those settings. And when you alter the other one all settings are altered. This can be issue with the chip. Or else you will need to go in each of your bios and look for what options are provided. Disable those which are not needed. Also change your bios battery and check back. Refer the manual if possible.

In Rampage III Extreme there is an option where you can create two different configuration of bios. You can then load whichever you want on boot. Now in Black edition the issue is common. Where you try to change settings both gets effected. It is type of resetting the bios settings which done on all. You can try checking your cmos support for that. There is a issue with the same. It does not look that this motherboard has some kind of hardware fault.

This is not a hardware fault and there nothing here to deal with issue on motherboard. There is a reason for that why the settings of multiple bios are altered altogether when you configure a single one. The issue occurs because the motherboard is using Legacy bios. The settings what you made are in the CMOS block which is situated on the south bridge. So when you make any changes the all is applied to other settings.

That's look an proper solution for the same. It can be due to the same, but there is an solution for that which can help you to save multiple profiles. You can in that place use overclocking profiles for the same. I will recommend you to use multiple overclocking profiles and use them in your system. There is not much issue found on the same. Anyhow you can keep a track of what settings you are making and once those are lost there is only to restore is to assign all back manually.

It is better in my view to go with overclocking profiles. That is really a better was and by that only you can regain your bios configuration. I found there are other more issues related to the same but there are very less things that I know about the same. Now the matter comes with the problem of systems performance after overclocking. It is till yet not tested a much and there are very sites that provides proper benchmarks results on the same. Hoping for much better results.