Thread: Intel p8400 vs Intel p6200

Intel p8400 vs Intel p6200

I am planning to buy a new new laptop which I was thinking of buying from a long time. So for that reason I was just browsing a few options and was looking around for some good laptops.While doing so I was confused on which processor I should go ahead with. So I have a few options with me.Those options are Intel p8400 and Intel p6200.So I am just confused on which one I should go ahead with.So do get back to me on this as I am really looking for the solutions .

Re: Intel p8400 vs Intel p6200

I just had a look at the question that you have put up and would say that this is something that is very interesting.But coming back to the question that you have put up I would say that both are good and you should go ahead with the one that is more cheap.So if I were in your position then between the two I would get whatever is cheaper as a system. For me all the core2's can handle general computer and plenty more with ease.So this is what I feel and there should not be any problem with it.

According to me the only way to set them apart is to have heavy CPU usage like in benchmarks or encoding or gaming.This is what can make them differentiate.Also it depends on usage of the system and would say that it will make the major difference.For what purpose are you going to use the system.If you are certainly going to use it for the gaming purpose then I feel that you should go ahead with the one that can seriously have a heavy CPU usage.

Thanks a lot for the immediate reply.I would say that yes you are right.This is system would be more used for the gaming purpose. And I like a laptop that can handle games and so I choose not to buy atoms but not that expensive because I recently bought a desktop. Also can anyone have opinion on these two processors? There is not that much information on the internet and one site claims p8400 is better and the other one the p6200.Apart from the information that is currently given it would be better if someone gives me some more information.

I would say that the intel p6200 is a clarke dale based CPU so it is an i3.So I would suggest you to go for this one only and this is the one that will also help you for your gaming purpose. As far as I am concerned an i3 would beat any Core2 at similar speeds .So consider that an i3 is at 1.8GHz obviously wouldn't keep up with a 2.6GHz core2 though, but within .3GHz I would go for i3 or i5. And to go along with that the i7 range is more like 5GHz below core2 depending on the model. So finally speaking I would definitely opt for a intel p6200 processor.

I just went through the previous solution and would say that this is something that is really interesting .I think that even I would go ahead with the intel p6200 as that really looks good.Also I just browsed a bit to find the information between the two and found out that there are some points that easily win over
    Intel p6200.So probably I feel that the only way to go ahead is with intel p6200.So I would like to thank you a lot for providing me with the solutions and suggestions as they have helped me to overcome the confusion that I was in.