Thread: blue screen and now computer not powering on

Exclamation blue screen and now computer not powering on

hi all
    My computer was running all well suddenly i got a blue screen and it shut off.
    So i tried to start it again by pressing the power button but it won't start.

[So i tried checking the connections(although they cant go wrong just like that as it was running well but still i did )
    Anyways then i checked with another power supply unit if the one i had may not have gone faulty, but it was not working with the other PSU too .
    So i went a step ahead and (as i have another mobo) i checked the whole setup on the other mobo on which there was an led on as i connected my PSU to the mains(i didn't turned on the comp by pressing the power button on the cabinet).But when i pressed the power button , it was the same, not turning on, so i tried to connect the power pin together to try to manually switch on it(if in case my power button on the cabinet is faulty) but it didn't work then too.

when i say it doesn't start,i mean when i press the power button or manually power it*, the cpu fan is also not running, no beep , no display, nothing at all except the led to tell me that the PSU is fine as the mobo is getting power.

just a curious question , if it has something to do with the RAM i may try it with another as i have another piece of RAM with which i haven't checked, coz i think if the CPU fan is not spinning, it might be the case that my CPU is dead

*Turn on computer without pressing the Power button

Re: blue screen and now computer not powering on

Can you recollect what was the blue screen error code you were getting and post it here. Also what is your full computer specifications? Do you have a video card, if so then unplug it and try reseating it firmly. Did you use the same cpu on both motherboards and it was not starting on both? You can test the ram as well, before concluding anything. Also, physically remove your ethernet and modem from the tower and try booting up. If either one of those is defective your PC won't boot up.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

idea Re: blue screen and now computer not powering on

my comp specs are
    • 1 GB 667Mhz dynet RAM
    • intel 946GZis mobo/Gigabyte G31 based mobo
    • intel onboard video
    • 450W PSU iball/250W PSU iball
    • 80GB HDD
    • Pentium D820(2.8Ghz, 800MhzFSB)

i have not checked replacing the RAM as the cpu fan is also not starting, when i power it on...
    If still the RAM needs to be checked please do reply..

Re: blue screen and now computer not powering on

Well, you can test the ram on memtest website and verify whether there is some issues with the ram or not. Also, if the cpu fan is not spinning at all, then get a better CPU heat sink and fan (cooler master), or you can even try to replace the fan on the cpu. Also if your pc won't post on a restart, I would guess that either the power supply or possibly motherboard has gone bad. Power supply or video should be the first stops. Both can suffer from increased temps in summer.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

unsure Re: blue screen and now computer not powering on

I beleive RAM and mobo are fine as i checked the same setup on the other mobo with another RAM and it was the same problem... i even checked it with another PSU...

Additionally i found one thing that when i removed the 4 pin 12V Cpu connector from its slot, the fan started working on pressing the power button but since there was no power going to the cpu there was not any display as the cpu was off..After that i turned off the computer by switching off it through the mains plug as it wont shut down with the power button on the cabinet as cpu wasnt powered..., after which i connected the 12V 4pin cpu connector back and guess what happened after turning on the mains power... It made the MCB or the mains trip( hope u understand what i mean by MCB* tripping off)

This was checked on both the motherboards i have with both the RAM i have with all the possibilities... but the result was the same.

Now i have one question>>>
    What happens when a CPU is gone bad, when the CPU is dead?

*MCB>>>>

sad Re: blue screen and now computer not powering on

I can't get the machine to boot with the 4pin plugged in. It just turns on for half a second then off again, It repeats this many times.

If I unplug the 4 pin 12v connector it stays on but no display..

as told before the exact nature of my problem...
    I googled about this problem and found it on one forum where the person had his motherboard faulty in the end and it was also found that his cpu also went dead due to the mobo... but i have already checked it on the other mobo and its the same..
    So does that mean my cpu is dead too and there is a problem in my motherboard..