Thread: MSI K9A2 Platinum S3 not waking from suspend state after updating to BIOS ver 1.b

MSI K9A2 Platinum S3 not waking from suspend state after updating to BIOS ver 1.b

I just happened top update my bios from the version 1.5 to the version 1.b for a better support to the amd processor that I am having. The system does not wake up properly and hence it is giving me problem. The display of the system does not respond well and seems to be blank for the most part of the time, this problem was very common in the bios version 1.4. so after an update to the bios version 1.5 the problem disappeared now again it is back, so tell me what should I do? If you ask me then I think it’s the NVIDA Vid adapter in my system which is not responding. So tell me what should I do.

Re: MSI K9A2 Platinum S3 not waking from suspend state after updating to BIOS ver 1.b

With the problem that you had described the system appears to be dead. So are you sure that the other components of the system are getting the power have you checked it by opening up the cabinet. If not then I would advice yo to open up the cabinet and have a check whether all the system components are responding to the power supply. So do the same thing that I have suggested here and get back to me with the reply. Do it fast as soon as possible.

Re: MSI K9A2 Platinum S3 not waking from suspend state after updating to BIOS ver 1.b

Yes I did have a check about that and it looks to me as if all the components are eventually receiving up the power as the cpu fans are moving and even the keyboards lights are lighting up. So the sleeping system is charged up but the display is not showing up anything, after some time the system does goes into the suspended state where everything stops but on resuming I found that rest everything works but only the display is blank, so I hope I am pretty clear with my question here. So tell me what should I do in this situation. Any responses.

Yes as you pointed out the main culprit may be your graphic card. Just remove the graphic card and check it in the other system which has the proper drivers for it. So if you have the proper drivers for the graphic card in the other system then check it there the same is the case there then there might be a possibility that your graphic card might have corrupted and hence its time to get it replaced as early as possible. So do what as I say and it will be helpful for you.

Ok, I will surely have a look at that and will inform you what’s the final output. See even I was thinking about the graphic card as the culprit but now I will have to check it out whether all the components are working fine or not. So I will keep you updated about the same. Anyways thanks for all your help it did really help me a lot. Really appreciate that you have taken some interest in my problem and given me some useful solutions. So again thanks a lot.