Thread: MSI K8N Neo2 and 2 GHz of memory

MSI K8N Neo2 and 2 GHz of memory

I thought the use of four double-sided DIMMs would result in one being able to run at DDR333 speeds. I just installed my room HyperX PC4000 512 stick and at first I wanted to values of 333, while set to auto, but putting the config dram to 200 MHz in the outcome DDR400, DDR333 instead of pole, dual channel is activated. Any thoughts on this? Anyone else running two shows on this board?

Re: MSI K8N Neo2 and 2 GHz of memory

I'm not sure what the real problem might be related to the freezing of your system, but in terms of operation 4 512 meg sticks, all I can find is that there should be a problem, rather than what I mentioned in this thread . But until now we can not be a problem. Double-sided DIMM supposed present too much of a load board to support DDR 400 speeds with them installed. But with the single DIMM board side should have no problem running at DDR 400. From what I've found about it. Were frozen, while their happening only had 2 512 sticks installed? Or does it start after you install the other 2? "We may have said I'm not sure." But if the frost began with four DIMMs of 512 installed, then there may be something you can suggest to isolate.

Look, it's just a matter of having all 4 DIMMs installed. I have put both together in different combinations, and always works. I have made strenuous tests of memory (memtest86) and RAM checks out fine. When I have all 4 DIMMs installed the system freezes and crashes randomly (but more often under high loads such as Doom3). By the way, I read all manuals and literature as well - I agree with you, I should be able to run this setup this DIMMs 4, but I cannot. I'm beginning to think so.

For me, I give up on this motherboard. I've already RMA'd once, and I have come to the conclusion that the motherboard, not my CPU, my memory is not RAM, etc, is a piece of. This is the worst motherboard I've had (and there have been many, I assure you) over the years. I've always been partial to Abit motherboards since the days of original chipset KT. Abit I made the right decision by not producing a solution NF3. Apparently, had the vision to stay away from this chipset. Everyone thought we were crazy, but we are all beginning to realize its logic. I think MSI have to hire some engineer’s best biographies, maybe you can recruit some of Abit. Bios 1.3 for Neo 2 came out three weeks ago. With all the problems reported, you'd think would come out with more frequent updates. I love the feature set of NF3, but it looks like I'll go to a motherboard based on VIA.

Not sure this will help anyone, but I'll post anyway. I am running 2x512 DIMM (duplex) and 2x256 DIMM (one side). On the 2x512 in slots 1 and 2 (below 2 as we see it). The BIOS is set to automatic and will only run in Q2 times. It's solid as a rock knew by heart. If I remove the 2x256 DIMMs and restart the default 1T machine. In both cases it is 200fsb (DDR400) my voltages and times are otherwise standard (8/3/3/2.5 I think). Q1 performs better than 2T, then? I personally prefer the extra RAM instead of 1gig 2t in Q1 as memory games, like sucking the SGT.

"I think if anyone is guilty in relation to the motherboard, then your nvidia for this chipset." That's what I'm trying to say. "Both are VIA so your argument about them doing well in away from NF3 is a load of BS." I'll post back here and let you know my results after my Asus A8V arrive here within days. "Do some research and fewer attacks or take steps" Yes, I checked these and other forums and tried every piece of advice and configuration offered. Does not have a stable plaque. MSI may ban me forever; their boards do not care. My hands are washed them and for my part, I can guarantee one thing: I will never buy another MSI product again. And I'm starting to have doubts about Nvidia too.

"I do not care what is or what MB chipset can run only uses four banks of DDR400 RAM and nothing else will be at 333." I think most of us realize and accept that the 4 DIMM occupied need to be ran at a speed of DDR400 with 2T command rate. I think for most it is acceptable to a limitation of the chipset. It is also known that the use of a DIMM overclocking yields more than the use of two. However, the motherboard must be stable at speeds and times DEFAULT no matter how many banks are busy. Everyone is aware of any motherboard / chipset / CPU / etc. Manufacturer warrants any overclocking. I want to know is why the system cannot be stable at speeds and voltages DEFAULT. Is that too much to ask?