Thread: MSI 790XT-G45 one of the capacitors fell off

MSI 790XT-G45 one of the capacitors fell off

Today I opened my CPU to clean dust and one thing that really scares me - I saw a small capacitor laying on the merits. Within minutes I found the place where it came out from. But the system is running, I ran folding at home for a while (for the use of 100 percent) - and everything works as before, so my question is - what is that exact purpose condenser? Should I be worried that something is wrong? If yes, which? Question number two - if it has to be fixed there an easy way I can do? I have some knowledge of shouldering. I do not want to go directly to RMA; it now seems that everything is working, so I really doubt that it is capable of RMA in the shop.

Re: MSI 790XT-G45 one of the capacitors fell off

Yes, but the output of the signal is divided into two directions: at the head of pin front panel audio (JAUD1) and audio ports on the rear panel. It seems that the capacitor has functional significance to the signal lines to go to the back panel (on board), audio ports. Well, if you lose a channel in the audio output on the rear panel is the only functional consequence, and then I'd say you're lucky, because that is only minor damage.

And one thing closest to the Realtek audio chips onboard. First, it seemed that worked well, but now I see that something is wrong. Front audio working normally, but behind it is mono (single speaker left). Does it make sense? Are not those run by the same chip? But if this theory is correct, I could fix it just by using the PCI audio card instead - I was thinking of buying anyway. It didn't shatter off; it has both 'legs' if you know what I mean.

Functional relevant parts near the condenser is a Realtek chip (either audio or LAN) and two PCI slots. I would check the parts of the first functional problems (audio in the audio channel, for example). And if it is dropped, put it back and welding, or did it break? You are sure to get a sound card, but you could get that fixed too. Anyway judging from the result is a critical component. Check out the cover and the PCB and see if it was a common cold or a brake pin. If it was a cold weld can to get it fixed easily.

I have another question, just install SSD and Windows 7 in it (series 60GB corsair force) - but I'm not sure about the seat and the speed of my motherboard with AM2 + SB710? Seems to be working (default is on), but I installed the new AMD drivers, so it's only Microsoft drivers now. Is this correct? Am I doing a speed restriction for that? I read about AHCI, which should enable in Bios, but could not find in mine. It was only the option of RAID - (3 settings - IDE, RAID, AHCI) - but after I turned AHCI in the system has not begun, I have a BSOD during loading. However, under IDE and everything is working. Am I doing some deceleration in this case?

Had you installed your operating system, while the controller is set to AHCI, you can change the mode to IDE. If you really want to AHCI, you can make a correction of the record, but unless you need AHCI for hot-plug, I'd stick to IDE. In IDE mode, you can edit the registry and reboot. Reboot again and change the AHCI mode. Here are the steps: First of all close all windows based programs. Now click on start button go to run and type regedit and press enter. Here you will find the User Account Control dialog box now click on continue button. Search and click on a registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\IastorV
    Now in the right pane, right-click and Start in the Name column, and then click on Modify button. Now type 0 in the Value data box and click OK button. Now click exit to close the registry editor.

An AHCI hard drive is a bit faster, it's true, but he is using an SSD. And sorry SSD are faster in IDE mode and NCQ prevented. IDE is not, where do you get that? It remains NCQ and hotswap, however, bus has better stability and compatibility, and it also uses fewer commands to control devices. Each has its advantages and disadvantages, it is impossible to say which one is better than the other. It depends on what your needs are. If you use SSD, it is best to use SDI as NCQ makes controlling the computer, not the reverse, as it was designed to do.