Thread: ASUS Xonar D1 audio channel on Windows 7

ASUS Xonar D1 audio channel on Windows 7

I had installed windows 7 operating system on my desktop to which I had added a Creative Inspire P5800 speaker which has a 5.1 surround sound channel. Recently I got to install ASUS Xonar D1 sound card which is a 7.1 channel. When I go to the Xonar audio center, I select 8 channels of it but Windows 7 detects a 7.1 audio speakers. Also, when I configure my speakers to 5.1 then Windows 7 detects 6 channels in Xonar audio center. I am getting weird settings on Windows 7 and Xonar D1 to which both of them does not match. Even I am unable to see Dolby digital in the DSP mode. Does anyone has any solution to this problem? Please help!!

re: ASUS Xonar D1 audio channel on Windows 7

I had same problem which was solved by following the instructions given below:

1. Unplug your Asus Xonar D1
    2. Switch ON your system
    3. Press F8 continuously to enter into safe mode
    4. Uninstall the drivers for Asus Xonar D1
    5. Reboot your system
    6. Install the driver in normal mode
    7. Reboot the system
    8. Plug in your Asus Xonar

Now you will get the audio center shown on the task bar.

For me at least I got the microphone to work out for me. As line in and microphone shares one jack at the output of the motherboard. For this I tried disabling the line-in port from Windows 7. After this I tried opening controls from volume at the task bar. For this I had chosen recording device as recording device to this I disabled it from there too. So my microphone was read to work fine as a default when I had set it. But for certain time it was too low and after going to the control panel it worked out fine.

As for me I tried my best and the problem was solved. At first I tried using the optical out to which I had set my digital output to sound but it did not worked out. After a long try I taught of working on it the other way round. Finally I had disabled the digital out from the windows control panel and set the speakers on Asus Xonar D1 to the standard output. And it worked out fine for me. So at last I am using it on my system and it is working fine and I got the Dolby digital surround sound now.