Thread: Unable to do BIOS update on NF980-G65

Unable to do BIOS update on NF980-G65

I have installed Windows 7 on the computer of mine. Well I am having MSI NF980-G65 motherboard on the computer of mine. it was having BIOS 1.2 on it but I was looking to update the same with the BIOS 1.4. but I was failing to do the same. I tried almost everything but all of the efforts of mine fruitless. Let me know if you are having any suggestions to fix the problem of mine. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to do BIOS update on NF980-G65

Well I have seen many cases I have seen that you can recover the BIOS if it is corrupted due to bad flash. If that is the case then you will be recover the same by using the following thing.
    • You have to create autoexec.bat with using Award_Flash_Utility BiosFilename. You need to open notepad in Windows.
    • In the notepad you need to write the ‘awdfl823K w6378vms.130’ without using quotes.
    • Finally you need to save the file with autoexec.bat.
    • Now you need to boot with the floppy and again reflash the BIOS and restart the computer.

I want to tell you something which would be really helpful when you are looking to flash the BIOS on the computer of yours. well you should not use MSI LiveUpadate tool to update the BIOS on the computer. it would be okay id you are supposed to update the derivers of the motherboard. Another thing I would like to discuss over here is that you should not flash the BIOS in windows or directly using the floppy disk. Why because bad floppy disk might kill the motherboard of yours.

If you are looking to recover the AMI BIOS then used the following instruction. You need to rename the AMI BIOS file to the AMIBOOT.ROM. and save the same on the floppy disk of yours. now simply insert the floppy into the floppy drive. you should boot the computer and simply press and hold the Ctrl and Home key in order to perform the BIOS update forcefully. It would read the AMIBOOT.ROM file and simply recover the BIOS from the drive. once you have listened the 4 beeps you should remove the floppy drive and reboot the computer.

I am providing the following steps which you can use to recover the file on the computer of yours.
    1. You need to prepare for the desired BIOS version which you are looking to recover. Now you should rename the BIOS with the name EN011IMS.ROM.
    2. Now copy the EN011IMS.ROM. to the root directory of the USB key.
    3. Now press and hold the power button and insert the AC power cord.
    4. You need to release the power button and press the power button again on the computer.
    5. Finally you should press the Del button to enter into BIOS setup and go for the Recovery tab in the same.

Well I want to know any of the above mentioned solution helped you to fix the problem of yours. if your answer is know then I think you need to contact the motherboard manufacturer for the further assistance. You should take your motherboard to the official service center. Make sure that you are having all the invoice details while you are visiting the service center. I am hoping that they will help you out to9 fix the problem of yours.