Thread: Unable to get any video after getting MSI 870-G45 motherboard

Unable to get any video after getting MSI 870-G45 motherboard

I got this new motherboard MSI 870-G45 and after getting that I started to build. Now after the build I started to edit the CMOS and the monitor kept getting no signal and the computer kept restarting. Also I wasn’t getting any kind of video after that. Also I got Windows installed and CMOS edited and the computer kept restarting and the power was lost to the monitor. After that I moved the system to some other room and the result was still the same. So can you reply to this and tell me what I need to do to solve the issue.

Re: Unable to get any video after getting MSI 870-G45 motherboard

I just had a look at the question that you have posted and would tell you that it is very strange that you can see the videos after getting the MSI 870-G45 motherboard. But to solve this you can do is that you can try a more powerful power supply. I am sure that using a more powerful supply will definitely help you. One more thing that you can do is that Also you can test with another video card. Even this might help you to fix the issue.

I think that what you need to do is get a new PSU. This will definitely help you to fix the issue. So you need to buy a new one or else you can you borrow a better PSU from a friend to test with? Also you do need to remember that you need to reset the RAM, expansion cards and power connectors. This is very important thing that you need to remember. This is because you may easily lose some component so better checking those things out.

Yes I do agree with the previous solution that is being mentioned. You need to be very sure with that .Also it sounds like there is either a problem with the graphics card or the power supply or the monitor or video card. And I don’t see any problem with the motherboard .And this are the things you should check since it kept losing signal. And one more reason for this problem could be due to weak power supply. So do remember to check these things.

Thanks a lot for all the solutions that you have provided. It worked for me and now I am not facing with the issue that I was facing earlier. And luckily all is working fine now. What I did was I unplugged and re plugged the PSU. Also I reset the RAM, expansion cards and power connectors and checked a few wires and then everything was fine. So I would like to thank you all for the solutions that you have provided as it helped me to solve the issue that I was facing.