Thread: After-market Motherboards Contain SLIC table or not?

After-market Motherboards Contain SLIC table or not?

If you buy whichever computer from an OEM, like Dell, HP and Acer, etc, which arrive pre-installed together with the OEM version of Windows 7. That said, the board of the computer, containing information such OEM (SLIC 2.1), which is used to activate Windows legally. What regarding the after-market motherboards, buy individually from computer shops, similar to the ones as of ASUS or MSI? Making such a motherboard include SLIC table initially integrated by the manufacturer of the motherboard not added by end users after? Assuming that I install the motherboard on top of my computer similar to this and refuse to make use of whichever BIOS mod or boot, I be able to simply make use of the retail version of Windows 7. Is this acceptable? In other words, if I wish for to legally make use of the OEM version of Windows 7, another time not including any mod BIOS or boot, I am forced to use only PC OEM. Any equipment to the extent it is beyond question, right?

Re: After-market Motherboards Contain SLIC table or not?

Yes, I am completely aware that there is virtually no dissimilarity in functionality involving the OEM version and retail version, except the method of activation. The difficulty is that the trade version of Internet necessary for activation upon conclusion of the installation of Windows. Since I am using RT 7 Lite for Windows lose weight, you have to do a clean install every few weeks or so, all the way through trial and inaccuracy. Since I have no internet admittance in my hometown, only the OEM version can be used, so you can activate without internet access.

Hello according to my information. You can’t "legally" make use of the OEM DVD if you don't obtain it in the company of your hardware; your "legal" choice is retail or volume licensing. The SLIC be able to add afterwards if the bios support it. There is no internet establishment required if you just position Daz loader in the setup files. I hope now you are clear with your doubt. If you found some other important information on it then please share your ideas with us.

Now that was a strange declaration, because it is supposed to make use of the phone and activation option. If you do not comprise internet access for a number of causes in the case of Retail - MAK - OEM - key NONSLP. And theoretically, if you want to act, literally, legally, do not make use of the slp key even if you purchased your computer with Windows OEM pre-installed and want to reinstall for any reason from any other source of recovery media provided - must use key OEM -COA label and activate online or by phone.

Thanks your information about activating the phone. In support of your information about this, I have been making use of computers through Windows preinstalled OEM. Since computers can be more expensive OEM that computers as I want to explore the possibility of using these devices to measure. I can understand what you are saying that neither as computers, no mother in the secondary market shall include SLIC table. That means you'll misplace the ability to use the OEM version of Windows 7. I finally understand at present. For at this moment on I will only OEM equipment. Thanks again.

In an OEM computer, if you choose to does a fresh build. You can make use of the sticker that came in the company of the OEM. You essentially obtain a free copy of windows when buying a fresh OEM machine that is unused, for this reason the sticker. It will have need of automated phone establishment however. Once you obtain the OS installed, drivers and windows updates. Formulate a backup for you have a good new clean image.

I do not think you completely understand regarding motherboards and SLIC table. No motherboards have SLIC when completed. OEMs buy plates in bulk to your specification and add the SLIC table; however in most cases it has done for them by the manufacturers of the motherboard. The SLIC is simply a signature of licensed operating system will force the SLIC and I know that is installed on a machine of a particular brand Dell, HP, etc. then your operating system, will be happy to accept a certificate and the key to certain class / type. At day's end 99% of motherboards have BIOS that is capable of holding a SLIC table here in CDM are various tools to achieve this goal.