Thread: Marvell 91xx config ATA device driver for Windows 7

Marvell 91xx config ATA device driver for Windows 7

I've Gigabyte X58-UD7 through Windows 7 installed. The trouble is that I can't discover the driver for the Marvell controller, which reasons the SATA 2 HDD to execute terribly. On the Motherboard’s driver’s disc, while I click to install the Marvell controller, it type of does not anything. Can anyone offer me with the most recent drivers? Does anybody know about the configuration of marvell 91xx ata device? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Marvell 91xx config ATA device driver for Windows 7

As far as I know that the Gigabyte will offer any kind of drivers which are essential for their motherboards. No matter what model or what series of motherboard you are using, you will get the driver download option in their official website. It not only you but many have already complained about finding the compatible drivers. Those who have recently switched to Windows 7 they will obviously get issue or more trouble on finding the appropriate drivers. Now most of the manufacturers have already developed the Windows 7 compatible drivers for their respective components. So no need to worry about now.

The present driver you have I am guessing is a Windows XP driver meant for the Marvell 91xx chip? If so while you upgrade you should upgrade the drivers along with the OS and its version. If Gigabyte doesn't present a present driver in support of that exacting model meant for Windows 7, in which I don't believe they carry out up till now. So I think that you better need to make use of a Windows Vista driver. It is referring to your controller nastiest case speeds may be slower like 6 GB/s. I hope that you got my point.

Currently I am also using the same board and I also on the similar problem with Windows 7 installed. By luckily I have fixed the problem via installing the Marvell Console Driver (SATA3) update. Actually the driver was not listed on that particular motherboard number page but I have somewhat able to install and word with other driver which was listed under the different series of motherboard but for the same chip. So I think that sometimes other model driver may work on you if it is somewhat compatible.

I'm also having a comparable problem, except on Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. I'm omitted the Marvell 91xx Config ATA Device driver and can't discover it anywhere on the internet. I've been looking for my motherboard CD but I can't come across it and the automatic search online consequences in zero. Now I don’t know what to download for the purpose of to fix this problem. I am going to launch the Windows update utility. I hope that it may get the proper drivers.

As far as I know that you will get the compatible driver for this Marvell 91xx Config ATA Device on the gigabyte official website. If you couldn’t find there then search for any third party website which will offer you the download option for such kind of drivers. If you have the Windows vista 64 bit drivers then you can use it with the Windows 7 64 bit. The Microsoft has announced that it is somewhat fairly possible to do like that if you can install it as in compatibility mode. Try it and it may work on you.