Thread: PC turns off but case lights stay on

PC turns off but case lights stay on

I am confused that whether the problem is with the power supply or it is with something else. Actually whenever I try to turn off my computer then the computer shuts off without any problem but the light on the case remains on and I can also see that fans are spinning with the full speed as it does when I am working on my computer. I don’t know that why this is so as my computer is totally off. I have never seen such problem with any of the computer so don’t have much idea about that. Do you have any idea that why it is showing that problem? If yes then please let me know about that. I will be thankful for all the replies on this.

Re: PC turns off but case lights stay on

This is more probably looks like the problem with the PSU that you are having in your computer. If you want to check that then you can borrow some other PSU from any of your friends and try to connect that with your system to see is that is working with your computer. If that works then it will make sure that the problem is with the PSU in your computer and you also know that what to do next. Just buy a new PSU and install that in your computer. This can resolve the problem for you.

I think that you will have to apply the thermal paste and see if that able to help you. If you don’t have any idea that how to do that then don’t try to do it on your own because it can also come up with some dangerous result. So just call some person who is expert in computers and he will do the thing for you. I also not have done this before. I got this solution when I searched for it on google. You can see videos on YouTube to get more idea that how can you do it.

I would ask one thing when the last time you clean your PC. These problems may be due to dust on the computer. If your computer has a large amount of dust in it then this can also make the side effects on the computer. Open your computer and gently clean dust. You can also use a cleaner for the equipment available in the market. Remove the fan connector to power supplier and reconnect properly.

Some PSU providers allow the fan power cut off after some time. This is what it is able to cool the critical components of system. There are many semiconductor temperature rises until after the power is cut. Time is for the establishment of a few seconds or may depend on the value of the heat sensor on the computer. It will remain running for critical devices temperature drop below a certain threshold.

I think there may be some stubborn particles that are under the PCB in PSU. You can also tell that this is the most difficult to free from foreign dist. There is another possibility that the capacitors have the residual charge is the reason behind turning the fan. So check for this and if that is the case then you will have to clean that gently and see if that is able to get you out of the trouble. Thank you!!!

pcworld Guest

try to check you cables..