Thread: CPU is rebooting when I do any operation

CPU is rebooting when I do any operation

Hi

Please resolve my problem. Here is my PC problem

When I do some operations like : opening a folder , dragging a music file on to the music player, while moving the mouse , trying to play a cd in the cd player , pc will restart immediately. Monitor light turns to yellow .Almost pc is going to start and Monitor light is changing to green color .But suddenly it again restarts. In this way it continues . No Monitor display.

Some times after so many restarts , monitor light change to green. If I work or do any operation again pc will restart.

After so many restarts, blue color screen is playing on the monitor and the error message is : A MEMORY ERROR WAS DETECTED.

I thought of the problem is with RAM . I Bought new ram . But the problem is same. No improvements. I am using DDR 1 Ram.

Please tell me what is the actual one causing this problem?

Re: CPU is rebooting when I do any operation

There might be many of the reasons for this issue like virus, power supply, faulty hardware etc. but as it is showing the memory error then it is possible that your RAM is not fitted properly into the slot and so you are getting this problem. Just remove the RAM from the slot and then reinsert that properly to see if that can solve the issue. You can also try some other available slots as well.

smile Re: CPU is rebooting when I do any operation

hi thanks for ur reply.

I already did the changing of RAM from one slot to another slot. It works for some time and again PC restarts if I do any operation.

I bought new RAM , I rechecked with all 4 slots. It is not working

What do u say , If I say the problem is not with RAM & it is with slots.or something else?

or

The problem is with power supply.

Initially I do not have this problem . I replaced only my old cpu cabinet with new one. Inside parts are the same. My old cpu cabinet is damaged completely.

During refitting , is this problem occurred, what do u say?

Re: CPU is rebooting when I do any operation

I think that the problem is with the operating system that you are having on your computer. It might be corrupted and that is the reason that it is getting rebooted. So before going to any other solution, you can also try to install the operating system again to your computer and see if that can solve the problem. Other than this you can also check for all the connections and make sure that they are fitted properly.