Thread: USB Failure on MSI 865 Motherboard

USB Failure on MSI 865 Motherboard

Hello friend, I bought a computer from a shop in my local. It is an assembled one. Having configuration: MSI 865 motherboard, 1GB RAM, 500 GB Hard disk, a Sony DVD WR, Pentium 4 hyper threading processor. After assembling everything is working perfectly. I have installed windows 7 on it. Problem is that when I put my pen drive to USB port it is not recognized by my computer. None of the USB device gets detected. What would be the problem please help to get rid of this problem.

Re: USB Failure on MSI 865 Motherboard

Hi friend, I am also facing the similar kind of a problem with my MSI MS-6728 ver 2. I have Windows XP installed on machine and there is an issue with the USB drive none of the USB devices get recognized or detected whenever I plug in to USB port. But I can see from the device manager that there are four USB root hubs and all are doing well. So anyone have the solution please post on this forum. Thanks in advance.

Hello friend you are not only who facing this problem. In my case It was working perfectly in the starting day but suddenly it stopped working. After doing troubleshooting I came to know that it is not the problem of USB port so I decided to change the OS on my machine. Earlier it was XP now I have installed windows 7 but it did not solve my problem. I think this is problem with all MSI motherboard. They do not provide proper USB support on motherboard.

Well I did lot of the troubleshooting but none worked. Still, my USB port in not working. Si I decided to send this board to service center for the replacement. It seems I have got the defective motherboard. But it really very bad experience with MSI motherboard. I will suggest to everyone please don’t buy MSI motherboard.

Hello friend once I have faced the same problem of USB port. It was suddenly stopped working. It was seem present from the device manager. But I was not able to connect any of my USB devices. So finally I formatted my system and installed fresh copy of the operating system. And installed all the drive that comes with motherboard CD. Now it is working perfectly. So I will suggest you to format your machine completely then install the driver. It may be the chance that your driver for USB got corrupted because of any reason.

Hello friend, I bought a computer from a shop in my local. It is an assembled one. Having configuration: MSI 865 motherboard, 1GB RAM, 500 GB Hard disk, a Sony DVD WR, Pentium 4 hyper threading processor. After assembling everything is working perfectly. I have installed windows XP on it. Problem is that when I put my pen drive to USB port it is not dedicated by my computer. None of the USB device gets detected. What would be the problem please help to get rid of this problem.

Hello Basically this problem is occuring because of drivers issue or maybe your USB ports are not connected properly with your motherboard. so i will suggest you to check that first and if its perfect then reinstall your operating system and then install most up to date USB driver and again try it i m sure it will fix this issue.