Thread: Asus P8P67 Pro motherboard Memory error

Asus P8P67 Pro motherboard Memory error

Frequently my computer shutdowns automatically and fails to boot up. At that time the RED LED on the motherboard remains lit showing that there is a memory error. For that reason I have run Prime95 blend, AIDA64 stress, as well as Memcheck to check my memory modules performance and all check out very well. Other than this there is no issue with my computer. Currently I am using Corsair Vengeance 1866 memory and the version of the BIOS is 1053 beta.

Re: Asus P8P67 Pro motherboard Memory error

Initially, download the most recent BIOS from the ASUS website and install it inside the ASUS EZ FLash tool during windows, the EFI within the bios doesn't work. After that flash the CMOS either using the button on the motherboard or swapping the jumpers. And lastly, ensure the TPU as well as EPU are turned off, this is essentially in the incorrect method encircling inside the Manual, you can observe while you have it right like the LED's for these bits won't come upon for the duration of the boot. After that you can set off into the EFI, and configure profile to XMP and your memory will run at correct rating.

First of all try to configure the timings by yourself and try through 1.65V VDIMM on inferior than 5GHz CPU clock. XMP settings aren't for all time well particularly on ASUS boards. I have observed that my motherboard is clocking memory inferior whilst making use of internal PLL preference. You won’t actually need more voltage. Also play with several VDIMM voltages like slightly overclocking it and you will definitely get the result.

First of all you need to take the XMP setting I think. After that put them on bios and ensure the RAM is configure to 2000 MHz. With this Mhz if the system unable to boot up properly then slightly bump up so that the system slightly get stable at 2000Mhz. Run the prime 95 more than a hour or may be for couple hour to check the stability of the memory settings. Do not forget your default memory settings. Note it down separately.

How did you check the RAM modules for stress test? How long you have tested the memory setting stability with prime95? I urge you to check the stability for more than hour. Do not test the stability with all RAM modules attached to the motherboard. If you are getting issue with the RAM then you need to check the sticks one by one. First put only one stick and run the stress test for an hour. Then install another and test it also for an hour. Like this way check all and compare all sticks tests. You will get to know which RAM module is defective.

I heard that most of the memory related issue in ASUS motherboard comes up due to the version of BIOS you are using. I heard that the older version of BIOS did not support some amount of memory properly. For that reason the ASUS have provided the new version of BIOS with GUI support. You can configure your BIOS settings easily with the use of mouse. It has lot more feature which you have never seen before in any version of BIOS. I think that you should get one now.