Thread: MSI 790FX-GD70 error code d3

MSI 790FX-GD70 error code d3

I am having the MSI 790FX-GD70 motherboard in my computer which I recently built. It was working fine for few days but last night when I tried to turn that on then it was not able to boot the computer. When I tried to boot that then it shows me the message that is having Error code FF for 1 second and after that error code d1 for 1 / 10 seconds and finally error code d3 for three seconds. After all these, it repeats the process in a loop. When this happens then I have observed that the red post HDD LEDs keeps on flashing. I have not done any overclocking to my computer then why this is happening to me. If you have any idea that why this is happening to me then please let me know about that. I will be thankful to all the replies.

Re: MSI 790FX-GD70 error code d3

Do you have more than one stick of RAM in your computer? I am asking this because I also have faced this problem and this was because there were 2 sticks of RAM in my computer. When I was getting this then I removed one of the RAM from the computer and tried to boot that with one RAM only and that does not shows me the problem. Actually they both were different types. So you should also check for this condition and see if that is able to help you or not.

As you have not told much about the various pieces of hardware that care installed in your computer and that is the reason that it will be hard to tell youthe answer for this. Anyway, as you have told about the problem then I think that the problem is with the memory of your computer. It must be having some bug in that and that is the reason that you are getting the problems like this. You must check for any of the conditions like this in your case and fix that bug accordingly. I wish that this will help you. Thank you.

I am agree with the above posted suggestion that it is due to memory problem in your computer and the most possible reason can be because the memory slot is having problem with that. So if you want to check that then you can try to change the memory slot to another that is available on your motherboard and see if that is able to solve the issue for you. If that helps you then, please reply back with your experience.

It might be the problem with the driver that you are using in your computer. It is also one of the most possible reasons for this issue and if you want to check that then you can search for the latest driver update available on internet and install that in your computer. This can let you out of the issue. I am recommending you this because I have seen many of cases like this where installing the updated driver solves the issue and I wish that this will do the same for you as well. Thank you.

I have some suggestion for you and I wish that this will solve the problem for you. According to me, you will have to clear CMOS button while the computer is turning off. The error code that you have mentioned comes into view when the RAM in your computer fails to initialize. Actually D1, D3, & D5 are nothing but the RAM initiation errors and FF is the CPU error. This is the only thing that I can tell and suggest you at the time and wish that this will help you.