Thread: BootMGR is missing in MSI K9a2 Platinum

BootMGR is missing in MSI K9a2 Platinum

I have a in MSI K9a2 Platinum with me. In it some problem occurred recently. When I turned my computed off and then attempted to turn it on today the BootMgr is missing. I am using a dual booting with Windows 7 64 Ultimate and also I have other partition which has Windows 7 RC.I also tried to put the driver CD that came with the motherboard into my PC when I was in the windows repair screen. I attempted to search for some sort of driver. But nothing worked for me. Please help me out on this issue.

Re: BootMGR is missing in MSI K9a2 Platinum

I feel very strange that you say the things where working fine and all of a sudden today morning it went wrong. I want to know that where are you booting from. Don’t try to complicate things.try to keep them as simple as possible. It will be easier for you. Also is the Windows 7 RC still usable. For me it’s not that much usable. I think that you should boot with your normal W7 DVD and do a repair BOOT after that .That will surely help you to fix the problem.

As you suggested that I should try to boot with my normal W7 DVD and do a repair BOOT, I tried it as well but that didn’t fix my issue. I have attempted that as well and started doing it by entering the command prompt. But it just says it's not a recognizable command. And I am sure and I know for a fact that it has been entered correctly but still it says it’s not valid. In fact nearly all commands I have entered do not work.

For me such sudden problems are normally related to the power issues. These are a kind of misfortunes that are caused due to the power problem and they usually are present when it comes to the computer systems .This problems can be like a sudden rise or drop in the temperature. Then you can do little but try parts in a different system. So you can then check the memory, graphics card, PSU etc and see if the work properly or not. So by checking them you might get away with the problem.

Thank you for your immediate replies. Yes, everything was working perfect until morning. Suddenly it started to give this strange problem. I think that believe I am booting from my main 500GB drive and unfortunately I think that both copies are there as well. But I don't know how to remove the RC version. And I am not even sure if it is still usable. I think that it won’t be much useful for me. But I am not very sure of what to do about it.

As you have said that you tried to put the driver CD and it didn’t work I guess that something might have gone wrong in that process. You need a disk and the try to load them during the windows start-up recovery. Then press Load Drivers and search the CD with the given drivers. After then click on the given file. This will help you to solve your problem immediately. You can start working on this. Also there might be a possibility of change in temperatures that might be causing the problems.