Thread: Will 880GM-E41 support Wake-On-Lan

Will 880GM-E41 support Wake-On-Lan

Hello friends this is my first post on this forum and so I would expect from all of you that you should provide me with good solution, the reason why I am posting the thread here is because I would want to know that will this 880GM-E41 motherboard have support for the Wake on Lan. I really would want to make use of this technology as I have come to know that we can get our system to start up through some other system by means of a network message executed by a program. So casn someone help me to know that is this thing possible or not.

Re: Will 880GM-E41 support Wake-On-Lan

Wake on LAN support is implemented in the motherboard of the computer. This should be a wakeup-LINK connector which is plugged into the network card via a special cable . However, systems supporting the standard coupled with a compatible network card PCI 2.2 does not generally require such a cable, because the necessary power is relayed through the PCI bus . Most recent motherboards with integrated chipsets also support the network , so I think that this motherboard will surely be able to get the support of the Wake on Lan.

I don’t think so that in order to make use of the Wake on Lan there is any need to depend upon which of the motherboard that you are making use of, what I think that since the Wake on Lan requires a good network connector along with the internet connection, as this is going to happen only when other system will be able to send the operations to wake up your system through the network, so that has to be absolutely perfect and through it you will be able to get the thing to run on any system.

There is also a possibility that depending upo your network card, BIOS, operating system and network card drivers there are other methods for waking up a computer are available. Change computer monitors at a link to one, if the physical network connection is established or separated. The method responds to different pattern match to the computer-related data packets and will usually ensure that the computer wakes up very often. There is also next to the quasi-standard Magic Packet are other data formats for the WOL packet.

The magic packet is a network frame transmitted on port 0 historically the most commonly used port, 7 or 9 becoming the most used ports. It can be sent via different protocols in offline mode such as UDP or IPX but UDP is generally being used. It is this magic packets that helps us in getting the other computer to start up from the other computer system through the network.

It is possible to launch a Wake-On-LAN over the Internet, to a machine behind a router NAT , but that under certain conditions: the magic packet must be a UDP packet, which the port is redirected to the IP address the machine to be awakened. With the computer off, then you must configure a permanent association MAC Address / IP address in the table ARP router otherwise, the association expires the router after 5 minutes, and the magic packet will not be routed to the machine.