Thread: MSI 790FX-GD70 motherboard has bad temperature sensors

MSI 790FX-GD70 motherboard has bad temperature sensors

I have recently bought the MSI 790FX-GD70 motherboard from the retailer shop. This motherboard is completely supports the AMD Phenom II processors. I have installed it in my computer but there is something wrong with my motherboard. I need to know about the CPUID Hardware Monitor. Does anybody know where the TMPIN1 sensor on top of the motherboard is and what actually it is? TMPIN1 as well communicates to Aux in Everest. I for all time obtain reading among 44C and 47C for TMPIN1 (Aux). Does anybody know where the CPU sensor (TMPIN0) is as well as Motherboard sensor (TMPIN3) situated on top of the motherboard?

Re: MSI 790FX-GD70 motherboard has bad temperature sensors

In the motherboard MSI 790FX-GD70 TMPIN1 (Everest AUX) is the North Bridge temperature. Everest's Northbridge temperature runs 15C toward 20C higher than TMPIN2. I have get in touch with Everest and anticipate they will fix this trouble like they have for me in the precedent with additional motherboards. The AOD temperature designates that stock temperature and most OC temperatures of the chipset will be very well within a well circulated air case exclusive of further cooling, which was up in favor of argue previous to the temp of the chipset was unmistakably reported. Everest's CPU and core temperatures readings are the identical like AMD OverDrive.

MSI describes the chipset the Northbridge, although they confess the technicality that the obsession we utilized to describe a Northbridge is integrated into the CPU structural design. The 790FX/SB750 chipset is beneath the heatsink via the RAM slots, coupled by a temperature tube toward the MOSFET heatsink. AS far as I know the chipset maximum operating temperature is nearly 80C.

MSI will not converse regarding unsupported programs similar to Speedfan as well as Everest. On the other hand, if you poke them through pointed sticks, they will converse regarding supported software that came along with the motherboard and that is the AMD overdrive. AMD Overdrive for TMPIN readings affect to the subsequent devices:
    • TMPIN1 - CPU die temperature.
    • TMPIN2- Chipset temperature.
    • TMPIN3 - System/Motherboard temp.

TMPIN1 which I consider is the system temp and recounted to the temperature within the case except I assume that may perhaps be dissimilar based on the motherboard and there is no decisive where that temperature sensor is situated. The finest I have been capable to discover is that it's anywhere close to the middle of the Motherboard. That's somewhat I by no means concerned on. Mine doesn't confirm a TMPIN3 therefore I don't cover a hint what that one is used for. I think that for further information you should contact the MSI technical support team who might help you to get to know about the motherboard.

My TMPIN0 appears to be the socket temp, it’s for all time 1-3 degrees beneath the core temperature analysis. How many TMPIN's do you enclose? I have a 0 intended for the socket and 1 that is onward on the motherboard to provide a case temp, if you have further than that it might understand your north bridge heat. Attempt running prime95 and observe if that temperature transforms in any way, if it doesn’t in that case it’s a dreadful sensor, it might as well have been standardized too lofty which does occur occasionally.