Thread: MSI 790FX-GD70 network

MSI 790FX-GD70 network

Hey guy, I have MSI 790FX-GD70 motherboard. I am facing some problem with this motherboard. If any have solution please let me know. I am not able to see my LAN card. I have enabled LAN option from BIOS and I have disabled Floppy drive from BIOS but the problem is that when I reboot my Window XP SP2 operating system, I see yellow exclamation sign on Floppy drive it means not installed and I get second yellow exclamation mark on PCI and Network Adapter. What does it means. I am not able to use my internet because of this problem. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

re: MSI 790FX-GD70 network

Hello friend without much considering on the Network Adapter. I would like to discuss on the floppy disk problem that you are facing after disabling it from the bios. You should first check for the boot priority option. You may have given floppy drive as first priority. It is please change it since you do not want to boot from there. So make HDD as first bootable device because your OS is in this drive only and second boot device will be CDROM and finally disable the all the boot. Disable the floppy drive detection from peripheral option. Then save the configuration. This may solve your problem.

Hello friend, first I would like to thank you for giving your opinion for my problem. As you told the step, In above post. I followed that instruction. Now I have solved the issue of the floppy drive. Now I could not see any floppy drive in add hardware option in device manager. I have major issue of LAN that is already come with the motherboard. Why it is in yellow mark and say to add hardware. I got only partial solution. If anybody have solution to add network drive please let me know. I am really frustrated. Thanks in advance.

Hello friend, Perhaps, I would help you in this case. It sound driver problem not your hardware problem. So first try to uninstall the network driver for that right click on my computer then click on properties then click on the hardware option in this click on the device manager button. Here you will see list of all device in your system. As you told you are getting yellow mark on the network drive so right click on this then click on uninstall the device after the installation restart your system. Now you will see add new hardware in task bar at start of your system use your motherboard CD to load the driver for that. Now you have done your work now you can use internet connection flawless.

Thanks for your responses friend. I tried as you have told in above post but still it is not working. I think this is the problem of hardware. I have also tried it from safe mode but still no result. At last I bought LAN card from the market I put it into my PCI slot then I start my PC it ask for the driver I installed the driver that come with this LAN .Now I am able to use my internet connection. But I am still want the solution to this problem. If you have solution please post on this forum. I would like to thanks in advance.