Thread: MSI live update does not support BIOS update on 865PE Neo3

MSI live update does not support BIOS update on 865PE Neo3

Hello I am using 865PE Neo3 V3.0 and on my server I tried to update BIOS. I had to do the manual update BIOS via a floppy disk, because its shows me the error in the live update, and that is running on Windows 2003. It shows me that the BIOS successfully updated, and after that I reboot the machine and now it does not start until I cannot get to the Bios screen will not turn on the monitor. When I set up the machine, I hear a beep and the light of the floppy drive stays on, and that's it, no post screen and the monitor is not working. Is there a way to recover from this situation please? I unfortunately did not create a BIOS backup and recovery. Thanks for any help; this is my Exchange server so I'd retrieve it as soon as possible.

Re: MSI live update does not support BIOS update on 865PE Neo3

Hi this all are the steps for cleaning your old CMOS. Just go through this according to me you have to clear your old COMS.
    Step 1: Disconnect the AC mains, either shutting down the power button on the back of the power supply or just pull the cord.
    Step2: Wait a minute to ensure that all capacitors and inductors have been discharged.
    To really be safe, you can press the power button to drain capacitors safely.
    Step3: Move the CMOS jumper in the plain location; this is typically finished on the MSI boards JBAT1 moving from its unique location 1-2 to 2-3 location. If you are unsure or have an MSI motherboard, then you have to find the right jumper on the motherboard manual.
    Step4: now see that the CMOS has been cleared.
    Step 5: now put CMOS jumper to its original position.
    Step6: now connect power to a system.

Hi according to me these steps are really good for you to clean your old CMOS. But if you are a nForce2 users then, your board has a "safe mode" connection to the FSB. It should also create the secure atmosphere where they have been overclocking from the usual CMOS jumper will not reset the configuration of the frequency in these forums. You can check the user manual. I hope this information will help you to understand about old BIOS cleaning method. Thank you.

Hi thank you for your quick response on my query. I tested the actions clear CMOS but I did not got any success. I also disconnected the floppy drive. I did not get POST beep now, the system only on and in standby no Post. I was trying to upgrade to version 5.3 of the BIOS versions I think it was 5.2. I am running an ATI video card with 2 x 512 MB of PC3200 RAM, a raid controller of Mega, and a Pentium 4 Prescott 3.0 GHz 1 MB cache with windows XP. I also disconnected everything. And I tried to boot the same result, but no POST. Please any other suggestion.

Hi I hope this will help you solve your problem. Change the preferred AMI BIOS file to AMIBOOT.ROM and save on the floppy disk. For example, rename A569MS23.ROM to AMIBOOT.ROM and after that insert this floppy in the drive. Turn on the computer and hold Ctrl-Home to force update. AMIBOOT.ROM file is read and recover the BIOS from the A drive. When you able to heard 4 beeps you have to remove the disk and restart the computer. Please try this with your system settings it will help you.

Hi thank you for such a nice explanation. It’s a perfect steps and its work with my system. I have a suggestion to add to its guidelines for cleaning the CMOS. Usually, after updating my bios, go into the BIOS settings and activate the 'nvram clear, it works for me. I wonder if anyone notices this option. Again thank you. I have order another new board with new version I don’t know the specification but I tried this settings on that board and its work with me new server.