Thread: MSI 790FX-GD70 Onboard LAN does not works

MSI 790FX-GD70 Onboard LAN does not works

The 2 Gigabit ports on my MSI 790FX-GD70 does not works as it should be. I have connected my machine with a Linksys SD2008 Gigabit Switch a Draytek router with DHCP VN 2820 for getting an internet. Since I have updated my BIOS to and installed the latest Realtek drivers, there seems to be some problem. My machine has a dual boot os, Windows XP SP3 and Vista Ultimate. Both of them are not able to obtain the IP address of my Draytek.

Re: MSI 790FX-GD70 Onboard LAN does not works

I suggest you to try this first on the Windows XP, First of all take out the LAN card and then boot your machine. Once you machine gets started then you must be knowing the procedure to open the Device Manager, So open it. Point there to view and choose the hidden devices. Now click on the + given on the Network controllers. Now right click on the realtek device and then the PCI-card that you just taken out. Now uninstalled them. Reboot your machine and then install the drivers for the same again and check that lan works this time or not.

There could be some issue due to dual boot system as well. I suggest you to confirm about this issue by try to use the lan from the safe mode of the windows os. Reboot your machine then keep on pressing the F8 key when your machine boots up which will take you to the Windows Booting Options. Here you have to choose boot in the safe mode with networking. Now check that it works or not.

Thanks for your responses. I tried booting in safe mode, both operating system and network support is still not working. Remove the temporary network card out and then uninstall the drivers for the onboard LAN ports. After showing the hidden device and removing the realtek, I am not able to remove the hidden device in the network card. Then reinstalled the drivers from official website. But I've been like this before and that his work was stopped at random. I'll keep you posted if it changes again. I am also having the problem with Vista, where I can not browse internet after browsing for a while.

It's very rare that the systems are exactly the same. People have different configurations and when someone is sending suggestions, it is unclear as to who is an aid or assistance which is written. If the problem is resolved, then the user is pointing to the right thread for you is someone else. It is certainly someone is informed that had the problem and is suggesting they are not alone, or that lead to a solution. I thought it was asking recommendations for their problem. It is when the message is, then, ask for help when you need the focus of the original poster thread. There were several Coolermaster power supplies that do not work well with some cards from MSI, because the power supply or had any problems with strange ground or power good signal carried over and the board refused to start protecting itself and the hardware. Coolermaster addressed this, or rather, who directed him to what the company was doing as UPM and labeling Cooler (Cooler does not make the PSU itself, are made by another company). In addition, power supplies are separated Cooler rail line +12 V.