Thread: MSI 790FX-GD70 with the OCZ AMD BLACK EDITION

MSI 790FX-GD70 with the OCZ AMD BLACK EDITION

I am here to ask for help from you who must be knowing much about the MSI 790FX-GD70 motherboard, I have got a headache after applying the OCZ DDR3 CL8 12,800 AMD BLACK EDITION 1.65V, I am not able to run in 1333 or 1600 MHz, Its just operates only at the 1066 and so please somebody help me to know how to solve this problem because I do not know what to do. I hope that at least somebody would be there to provide a bit of help or you may share your experience.

Re: MSI 790FX-GD70 with the OCZ AMD BLACK EDITION

You have to change the ratio of the speed of RAM. I'm sure you've seen the option in the BIOS relationship for now. Remember not to exceed the speed that is indicated as is the optimal speed in the box mine came in RAM is 1600, yours may vary depending on the model of RAM you have. I was having the same problem you have when I built my pc and I'd like to see take as long as I did to solve this, so there you go.

More than that is the problem, I changed the relationship of the work in 1333 and 1600 reports and manually set the voltage to 1.65v OCZ agree, as I manually configured the latencies that are second to OCZ: 8-8 - 8 -24 2T, and I save changes to the BIOS, then I can not enter bios and much more on the LCD panel of the motherboard FF error appears to enter the BIOS I have to give a CMOS CLEAR, if you could tell me how to configure your BIOS would be very grateful, I do not know what else to do, frankly I am about to sell this equipment to buy another memory really works in my motherboard for 1333 or 1600.

I had this same problem with this memory. First to correctly set the memory you really need to go to the OCZ forums and do a search to be published everywhere how to configure this memory in the BIOS exactly how they want to set. (They are very good to meet you at OCZ.) Now, I bought four suits, and I had two sticks that were wrong and had to get RMA'd. So there could be a bad stick. I have also received the FF code during this process that led me to the bad stick. Also, my PC had been running for a month before this happened. DO NOT push this memory using the AMD OverDrive software. If you did this have to log in again and change the settings back. I think if you look at the MSI FF manual means that it could not get past the initial boot sequence, pointing to a bad memory stick. Just so you know, I saw no difference in the speed of movement of the 2 sticks in 1333 or 1600, I even think that is documented in Tom, this is the case. Hope this helps.