Thread: MSI LiveUpdate removing

MSI LiveUpdate removing

Hello friend I am having problem regarding my computer. So if anyone have idea about this please help me. I have windows XP on my computer everything was working very well till last week. Now I am getting issue of MSI live update. I getting error about the MSI live update so decided to remove the MSI live update but not having any idea to remove. So, any idea how to get rid of this problem. Any help would be appreciated. I getting error that unins000.dat is not existing so could not uninstall. Is there any removal for it?

Re: MSI LiveUpdate removing

Hello friend I am also facing same kind of the problem. I have currently installed DVD Rom to behave as a slave. After that, I rebooted my computer and MSI Live Update2 tells me there's a disk error. Entering menu of the boot allows me to choose between my two hard drives or my recorder, but not the slave of the DVD (I think the unit is to provide, that is why it took a long time.) Hitting F1 just keeps booting XP. I built this box about 4 or 5 years, and at some point must be updated to Live Update3 too. I took the defective unit and ran the latest version of CCleaner to try and remove the registry entries for MSI, but without success. I tried reinstalling both LU2 and 3, but only in version 3 uninstall completely. What is the problem can anyone help. Thanks in advance.

Hello friend, you can still use the old BIOS, you may need to re-tell BIOS from where to boot now. Once you reset the boot drive in BIOS, save and exit, you should be fine. If not, then there is a problem with one of the units yet. Check the main unit / slave configuration, the drive cables are set so the red line tape is set to pin 1 of the unit. Check the wiring on their hard drives, one might have been pushed. This may help you friend.

Hello friend thank you for the reply. My Hard drives are being detected correctly along with the burner. The only thing strange that appears in device manager is the presence of a "Generic DVD-ROM SCSI cd rom device". I've tried uninstalling the device manager profile, is shown again on reboot. Is a slight pain in the back of me to the cave and open it to check the wiring.

It's been a while since I installed this, but I think in the standard CMOS features had to let detect all drives after changing a bit.
    A list of IDE primary master, primary slave IDE Etc These must be detected before being eligible for the boot menu.