Thread: MSI 790FX-GD70 shows POST code E0

MSI 790FX-GD70 shows POST code E0

I was and am using a PS 2 keyboard for setup, as I have noticed that the USB is giving no power. Parties met in my case and was able to get the PC to boot, came up and said he had no boot device that was fine, since there was no operating system on your hard disk. I went into the bios, and set it to boot from the DVD with a CD of Ubuntu I had done a while ago to see if I liked it loads Ubuntu from the CD. So he closed, powered off and put it under my desk, and was going to boot with my XP CD. It would not start, froze in the MSI splash screen. I waited several minutes to see if appropriate, not to go. So turn it off and waited a few minutes. Powered back up, I have a black screen. By observing the LED on the motherboard POST ranging as follows ...... FF -> d1 -> d3 -> d5 -> d6 - E0> , After getting E0 I get the following 4 short beeps then a pause long ... a bit .... a long, 1long.

Re: MSI 790FX-GD70 shows POST code E0

The model is not tested. The 1600 is MSI, but only to the particular CPU they used. As the CPU has the memory controller and not the board may not function. The only way to find out, test your system with AMD's memory to the test, then you know for sure. Electronics is playing and I hope it works, not an exact science. Even the best engineer cannot calculate the exact values with electronics, which is all the evidence and we hope to discover all the problems. Building a house is much easier, as you have bricks and can be calculated when they break, with electronics that I hope it works ... happens in 99% of cases.

You do not want to hear from many tests performed after the drawing board, yet not all problems found are ... and the most ever. This is independent of the brands, is the work electronically, provided is an estimate of what to do and then hope that in reality. That is also why a lot of overclocking can be done, leave room for the head to make sure it works in the specifications. However, AMD knows test of working memory and you know the answer, if memory is the cause or not.

If I put the two memory sticks for DIMM 3 and 4 then also I am getting the same ...... FF -> d1 -> d3 -> d5 -> d6 - E0> E0 get after I get the following 4 short beeps then a pause long ... a bit .... a long, 1long. I tried to clear the CMOS by turning off, disconnecting the power supply, over the bridge, pressing the button Clear CMOS and removing the mass of at least 1 minute. After that I remove the sound card remains the same, with the sound card I started to try a memory stick.

DIMM Slot 1, stops at d5
    DIMM slot 2, it stops at d5
    DIMM slot 3, stops at d5
    DIMM slot 4, stops at d5

It does not sound at any time with a single stick of memory.

I am facing the problem with the similar kind of assumption is that your system hangs due to the RAM too. And If the problem is really with the memory, then I guess memory controller is too demanding as per my knowledge and I would not going to be asking for the different new RAM, but I have observed for other CPUs that are very much less demanding. But let's see first if this is caused by the memory / CPU combo.