Thread: MSI K9VGM-V (MS-7253): Using MSI Live Update

MSI K9VGM-V (MS-7253): Using MSI Live Update

MSI Live Update is Available for download. Consider using this to update the BIOS. I am aware of the danger of flash. I try to be as safe as possible about my business the next. But look what it says about my special board under the "Notes" from the Live Update downloads. http://www.msi.com/service/liveupdate/ . They said and I quote "To K9VGM-V (MS-7253) mainboard, please do not select the DMI choice." (I am sure that the last word should have a choice). What is DMI? I think it is a Desktop Management Interface. So my question is: what does it mean? What should I do? What is DMI several alternatives in the program that I have to choose? Live Update or the whole process falls below the DMI and the people with the board I cannot use it at all? Did I screw up or what should I do? Anyone has any idea about this? Please provide some useful information if anyone here has.

Re: MSI K9VGM-V (MS-7253): Using MSI Live Update

If that's factual, you should in no way to utilize MSI Live Update to update your BIOS. There are fairly a few topics in the forum which was opened by a user who is given no K9VGM-V Board to use such applications as Windows updates are centralized at risk. So please, according to the best interests of you, forget the MSI Live Update, complete de-install and stay away from it. I wish you not heart and you like my suggestion.

Here I also wish to say something about this. If you really think, that you need to update your BIOS, make sure that this is really necessary. Flashing BIOS without a specific reason is not really recommended. Do not change the current system! Please confident about your current BIOS version prior to thinking about the BIOS update. Perhaps you are now a newer version then you think, or even the latest already. In the case of BIOS update really necessary.

I have been trying to get me to update my drivers and utilities. MSI Live Update used to track and organize for your system. However, I cannot get the software to install on my PC. I have tried to do in the website and to download and run it from your hard drive. Each time you log into the installation process and for the duration of that time - reboot my PC. While Microsoft Windows XP boot up, it says "Windows has presently improved from a grave error." It goes through to process and take you to the Microsoft website where they say "you get a blue screen error; unfortunately we are unable to detect what is causing this." After that, proceed with the suggested restore files or restore to a previous state if your system has become unstable. Now I really do not actually see a blue screen, just reboot your PC. I realize that the blue screen of death and all that. I understand the concept. But I do not know what can go wrong. My system is very basic with some of my upgrade. I have installed all the Windows Critical Update, so I am now running Windows Service Pack 3. Does anyone have suggestions on what might be the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As per my suggestion or if I am say how much I know about this, I must tell you to do not utilize Live Update. Lots of people find this application challenging. It’s just too simple, first you just go to link provided to you and get the drivers from there and simply install them manually. If still you continue to experience the similar troubles with your system then just let me know, I will try to give you more and more information.

Do not worry about the Live Update. From the site you can discover the MSI drivers and utilities for your board. Download and setup it manually: But, a warning regarding updating the BIOS. Do not do that if you do not have a problem or if the BIOS do not solve specific problems. BIOS do not drive and can only be done if necessary. In addition, do not flash the system unstable. A bad flash will make your motherboard useless.