Thread: no signal on monitor or no beeps with MSI 870A-G54

no signal on monitor or no beeps with MSI 870A-G54

I have built a new computer machine having a MSI 870A-G54 along with the AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition. Hard disk is 500GB Samsung and 8GB Gskill memory. Rosewill Green Series RG630-S12 630W PSU. I think there is nothing wrong with the connections here, So why there is no signal on monitor as well as no beep sounds while turning on my machine. What could be the problem here, I am bit scared now.

Re: no signal on monitor or no beeps with MSI 870A-G54

When you turn on your PC and your monitor (screen), it displays NO SIGNAL or the screen stays black desperately. My knowledge says that these beeps at startup material is information that your BIOS gives you about a damaged component or improperly plugged tell us the version of your BIOS. Look in the management equipment if your graphics card is working properly and also do an update drivers for your graphics card.

Even with a graphics card burned out, the BIOS would beep. To me, nothing explains the lack of beep at startup if it is a problem of BIOS / CMOS or motherboard. If any of these components is of order, this could explain the lack of consistency in your BIOS, ie no beep beeps at startup, but in the absence of RAM. The most reliable, though tedious, to isolate the component in question is to test each component on a PC running. At worst, and before buying a new motherboard, a BIOS reset can be attempted. The procedure should be described in the booklet of your motherboard.

It's hard to say. Personally I would go for food. First, because you say they needed for some time on and off the PC several times to make it work. It looks like an electrical problem. Then when you speak of Ventilos running without the computer boots up it also makes me look for such a problem. Personally I temperamental (though from a reputable manufacturer) on my PC that causes the same symptoms as me except I get "No input signal" on the screen. Try with another PSU, or take it to test in a professional. At worst you can buy a noname at 15 euros to see if it works (knowing he will in this case still better to buy a quality noname because sometimes it sucks).

Okay, well I plugged the screen on my laptop, but it does not recognize it. He told me that no external monitor is connected. By cons, he makes funny things when I plugged the cable, it flashed several times in a row, making very short black screens. I guess it must be the screen that is screwed up, if it did that? But I confess that after 4 months is a bit short.

1) The only thing I had not done was to change the 2 bars (2 * 1GB) of space by passing yellow slots to black, so I did.

2) I removed the cord from the power, the battery on the motherboard and put the jumper "CLRTC" in position 2 and 3 for a CLEARCMOS and wait a minute (at least it is safe ).

3) I left the bars on the black slots, handed jumper "CLRTC" in the position 2-3 1-2 (normal position), submitted a new battery (I forgot my tester at home) and reconnect the power cord. Fortunately, the PC has restarted (do not forget to take a walk in the bios history reconfigure boot startup, language, date and time ...

I hope this will help you a bit and enjoy the PC is open to proper cleaning and sensitively with various fans and for the best change of thermal paste.