Thread: Is the temperature of my q6600 processor ok?

Is the temperature of my q6600 processor ok?

I have a just purchased a q6600 and I was not certain if my temperature is ok. I have a arctic silver 5 and Arctic Freezer 7 Pro heatsink/fan. My temps are just about 35-39 Celsius inactive, and rise up to 50 or so under load. I considered that they must be under since a few people report inactive temperatures of like 19-20 degrees. A few other other things I am not sure of, (I am not actually aware about under load), idle, core 1 is for all time hottest, and sometimes around 6 degrees hotter than core 3, which is all the time coolest and there is one more thing to say , my g15 keyboard has a performance monitor on it, and for a few factors, running most software, core 1 gets used around 4 occasions times as much as the other cores. Is this ordinary? I would have thought that they were all used consistently.

Re: Is the temperature of my q6600 processor ok?

The core usage is not strange. Mine does the same thing, one being used much more than others. Those temperature s aren't unpleasant if your machine is overclocked, but not immense if you are running 2.40GHz. The Arctic Freezer 7 Pro is at its limit with a quadcore. 50 degrees isn't going to hurt anything though. I had a Thermaltake Big Typhoon on my Q6600 that had the similar issue . I was running 55 degrees at 2.40 GHz. Boosting up the voltage and speed to 3.20 GHz, it was not able to bear couldn't stand the added heat and temps went to 70 degrees. I opted to a different cooler (in my case a Zerotherm Nirvana 120) and temps dropped radically, to around 50 degrees whereas running Prime 95 for over an hour.

If you are asking about the core temperature I didn't think at all there was a much distinction. In the bios I took my CPU fan off automatic and set it to always 100% of it's utmost speed and my core temps dropped fairly a lot. Idle, on the cores, I obtain essentially from 28-32 degrees celsius, I haven't done a pressure check yet. I am not getting regarding what you are talking about , please elaborate in detail , that will be much be more helpful .

I recently built a new rig with a Q8200 @ 3.325ghz and that has a Xigmatek S1283 120mm Cooler w/Arctic Silver 5 (this is the same which was being discussed ). In my BIOS, idle temperature displays 20c. Idle on the desktop with RealTemp displays 35c. 2 hour 100% load with Prime95 shows 55c max. And this is a 45nm quad. I would sense well with 60c for mine, 65c with yours below a complete overclocked load.