Thread: Upgrading of G43 Chipset drivers showing Black Screen

Upgrading of G43 Chipset drivers showing Black Screen

Hello friends it’s a pleasure to post my first thread in this forum and I would expect that I get some good response for the query that I am facing with the update of the chipset. Yes I am having this G43 Chipset that I have installed in my system just a few months ago was running perfectly, but last night I found that there was an update of the drivers for this chipset was available and when I found that one I instantly click on yes to get the update done as I thought that I will be getting even better quality graphics and more high end sound with it. But soon as I got the drivers updated I found that there was just a black screen showing up after having restarted the system, so can someone help me to know what are all the solutions that I should try to get this thing to work again properly.

Re: Upgrading of G43 Chipset drivers showing Black Screen

Hey what I feel that you should never ever update any kind of software whose link shows up in the window of the browser that you are surfing on the internet, it can be that there could be some malicious program that could have asked you for the update and with accepting the same might have caused some serious damage to the software and the operating system and that is why you are facing some problem with the system not starting up. If this is a case them it is really going to be a major damage of the system.

Hey what I think that the only way so as to get the system back on track is to again format the system, you will have to insert the Operating system CD into the drive and then run the same through the CD Rom and then when all the process of restoring the operating system gets complete you will be able to get the system to work again normally, since this is the only way that has been left to remove whatever updates that you have made with the drivers that are there in the system.

Is your system starting up and are you able to see the Windows or whatever operating system that you are having on your system? Or is that you are not able to start the system or on startup you are directly getting the black screen. If this is that case then I think that you must first check out whether the RAM of your system is perfectly inserted into the slot and to make it sure you should remove it once and clean the slot and again insert the same to make sure that the RAM is proper because sometimes it is because of the RAM that you are not able to start your system.

Hey dear friend make sure that you have installed the perfect and the compatible version of the drivers that is if you are having the 64 bit version of the operating system so you must update the same 64 bit version of the drivers and if you are having a 32 bit version operating system then you must look to update the same version for the drivers as well. If you have updated a comparatively different bit version of the drivers as comparison with the operating system, then I think that there could be sure shot problem of the cross version software update and that is why you are getting this black screen.

It seems like you all are just discussing about the problem that I am facing and none of you is giving me the exact solutions so as to get this problem solved. I have checked the RAM and inserted it again and then also it seems that the problem persists. Although I am not sure which driver update I have done but I am using a 64bit version Windows Operating system, I don’t want to format my system as I am having very personal and important data on my system so can someone help me to know how to get rid of this problem.

As far as the data is concerned your data is safe in the hard disk that is there in the system if you want you can remove the hard disk and retrieve all the data by placing the same in some other system and then you can carry out the formation of the system. The reason why formatting is the only option that has been left is because this is the only way through which you will be able to get the update of the driver removed from the system.