Thread: DH55HC motherboard High Pitched Noise

DH55HC motherboard High Pitched Noise

I have been attempting to get a solution to a weird issue that has been in recent times arising to me. My Intel DH55HC motherboard is emitting several weird high-pitched electronic chirping noises. I do not believe it was the psu fan for the reason that while I set the fan for high, I be able to absolutely hear the fan. I have checked the entire the other components as well as the entire the fans plus nothing appears to be abnormal. Is there any answer to this or should I return the Intel DH55HC motherboard?

Re: DH55HC motherboard High Pitched Noise

The noise coming from several components on the motherboard, as well as it is caused while the cpu is on idle mode. Enter setup as well as disable the c-state alternative. You will observe that noise disappear. Unfortunately, by performing this you are disabling a helpful characteristic on the fresh processor which makes it lower its power use as well as clock speed so it be able to consume less power as well as lower it's temperature. this characteristic is called SPEED STEP. i believe it is a mainboard related issue.

I have gone through your problem and according to my discussion I do not locate any specific problem about this on your Intel DH55HC motherboard. Can you inform us from where on the Intel DH55HC motherboard the noise is coming? If you are, though, so sure regarding your Intel DH55HC motherboard I would advise to make sure your PC components on other system.

When incorporated circuits fail, they are able to frequently make a high-pitched noise, particularly while the failure is because of overheat. Did you observe any electrical burning type smell? It appears to me that you have previously experienced some irregular failures. It might as well arrive from the power fan! You have to make sure your PSU as well as if probable replace it as well as observe if this assists.

The noise has to be coming from an electrical part on the graphics card. Is your graphics card, a PCI or AGP? Does it have its own fan? Attempt to change your video card as well as observe if this efforts. It occurred to me in the past in addition to while I took out my video card as well as switched with a recognized good one; there was no noise on it. This information is helpful to you to get solution.

I consider that is the difficulty of your capacitor which is why it is creating the sound. It could be the difficulty of leaking capacitor consequently does not touch this while the power is on. It could create a static electricity which is able to have an effect on you lots. So to solve this you require replacing the motherboard. You be able to too take the motherboard to some system repair shop in addition to get this solved.

No I am not able to locate any kind of burning smell. Ok I forgot to declare that the sound is coming around the processor area, however if I stop the fan, the sound does not stop. I even attempted to take out the entire the components from the PC as well as rebuilding it individually however did not effort. I am not able to take out the power supply. This information will help you.