Thread: DX58SO chipset cooling options

DX58SO chipset cooling options

I am thinking if anybody has found a good option to the stock chipset cooler that ships by means of the DX58SO motherboard. I am confident it does a well job and all; however I was hopeful to locate something a little quieter. I have heard much public state that you are able to just take out the fan as well as the passive cooling is sufficient, however I am not definite what the standard operating temperature is for the chipset, as well as I do not require cooking it. So please tell me something about my topic.

Re: DX58SO chipset cooling options

Hey here is same issue. I did like to get out of the tiny, loud, irritating buzzing, fast-spinning fan that it has on it as well as replace it with either a fine passive cooler, or something by means of a larger fan that I am able to throttle down to a sensible RPM. The rest of my system fans are quiet as be able to be, but the chipset fan is horrifying. Most of the coolers I have seen look to have the 2 clips in its place of the 4 screws / 4 clips mounting that this unit has, has anybody found any fine replacements you be able to recommend? Thanks!

If you have IDCC installed you are able to utilize that to turn it down so it does not create so much noise. I have that fan set-up on my DX48BT2, I alter the fan to one made by coolmaster, better quality as well as quitter. However still makes several noises. Just have to locate the sweet spot where it works however not too noisy. The simply other alternative is, H2O.

This motherboard that I managed to obtain my hands on for some up close as well as private shots that you are not able to do in the PC case. After talking to an amount of Intel employees at IDF as well as from in fact touching this passive chipset cooler as the system was running establish that it runs quite hot. Near the end of IDF I in progress to spot these: It appear that Intel has expanded an active cooler that connect on top of the chipset heat sink for improved cooling. Active cooling actually assists lower the temperatures on the Intel DX58SO platform as you might merely imagine.

Thanks for the response. I have attempted IDCC; in addition to I as well have a hardware fan controller to throttle it down. It appears to assist somewhat, however for the most division it now makes it so it produce an irritating sound at a different frequency more willingly than purchase a replacement fan of the similar basic type, I was hoping for a different answer for the heatsink as well as fan both.