Thread: Windows xp does not detect USB after upgrading D845GVSR motherboard to 52

Windows xp does not detect USB after upgrading D845GVSR motherboard to 52

I just bought a new desktop system , had bought it around two months back , but I did not expect that it will come up with lots of issues as it is a very old one , I am having an issue with the USB , I was first having D845GVSR board and then I changed it and what I see that Windows xp will not detect USB and no light in the mouse as well Since Bios upgrade of D845GVSR board to 52, there is no USB, no light in the mouse, windows XP doesn't detect USB.I have made several attempts to make it work , I tried pressing F9 and and also tried to make all the settings to defaults, but there I find nothing in the BIOS on the USB page. What should I try next , please help me out.

Re: Windows xp does not detect USB after upgrading D845GVSR motherboard to 52

This might help someone else who is puzzled by Intel's instructions.
    The file SW.EXE is the file you desire. Open it and it is going to open a command window and ask if you want to extract the files, select Y. For instance if you used P18 you will observe P18-0050.BI1, P18-0050.BI2 etc.. one will be P18-0050.BIO that is the one you require. The readme.txt illustrates how to format a floppy and use the iflash utility but if you feel like to attempt recovery form that will provide you the BIO file to copy. I have only done this on newer system boards with a usb because the BIO was too big for a floppy.

You have done a big mistake , you should have used your brains before doing this ,there are certain prerequisites before you make an attempt to update the Bio Update the BIOS on your system only if the new BIOS edition purposely solves a issue that is there in your system . We do not suggest BIOS updates for system that do not require it. You can view all BIOS modifications in the Release Notes incorporated on the BIOS download page in Download Center.

In certain instances that are related to your issue recommend the downgrading the BIOS , Downgrading the BIOS to an previous edition is not suggested and might not be supported. An previous BIOS edition may not have the support for the newest processors, bug fixes, critical safety updates, or support the newest board revisions at present being manufactured. So it is strongly recommended that you do not downgrade your BIOS at all .

Yes I will too suggest a few recommendations regarding this , Before starting a BIOS update, make it certain to read and exactly follow the instructions integrated in this document. You might desire to print the instructions for simple reference. If a BIOS update procedure is interrupted, your system may not work correctly. We suggest the process be done in an environment with a stable power supply (if at all possible with UPS).