Thread: Compatible Socket 1156 processors

Compatible Socket 1156 processors

Hi all, I want the list of all the Socket 1156 compatible processors. Actually, I need some cheap one because I am testing the motherboards that have been returned. I was searching for the same and got the Pentium 6950 but I think that I should see some more options for this and see which the best that I can buy is. So I am leaving this question over here so that I can get more ideas from you people. Therefore, if you guys can help me to find out that then this will be really helpful to me. Thank you so much for reading and replying to this post.

Re: Compatible Socket 1156 processors

I would like to tell you that you have got right one and that is Pentium 6950. It is the Clarkdale-core CPUs based on 32nm to 45nm IGP will be sold fewer than three brands: Core i5, i3 Core and Pentium. Currently, only planned the arrival of a Pentium under this new kernel, and will be in January 2010. The model will be named Pentium G6950, will have two cores at 2.8 GHz, and will handle two threads and 3MB of cache, while the i3 will handle 4 threads and 4 MB of cache. Also this model is limited to 1,066 MHz memory and run at 533 MHz IGP Finally, have a TDP of 73 W and will cost around 75 euros. As extra information, the cheapest and i3 4-wire are expected to be around 100 euros.

LGA 1156, also identified as Socket F, is a socket Intel desktop CPU The LGA 1156, together with the LGA 1366, were designed to substitute LGA 775. LGA 1156 is very different from LGA 775. LGA 775 Processors were attached to North Bridge with the front side bus. LGA 1156, the functions that were conventionally a north bridge is integrated into the processor. The LGA 1156 permits the following links to be completed from the processor by means of the rest of the system:
    • PCI-Express 2.0 x16 intended for communication through a graphics card. a few processors permit a link is alienated into two x8 lanes to join two graphics cards. a few motherboard manufacturers with Nvidia NF200, a chip to allow more exercise of graphics cards.
    • DMI for communication with the hub controller platform. This is a PCI-Express 2.0 x 4 connections.
    • Two channels designed for communication by the DDR3 SDRAM. The clock speed of memory hold up will depend on processor.

CPU support is defined by BIOS of the motherboard. If the BIOS is not efficient, it cannot identify properly a few of the 32-nm CPU which would otherwise be well-matched. For that cause, you might desire to check the i5-750 is the cheapest of the 1,156 initially announced well-matched processors. one more consideration may be whether H57 plus H55 test motherboards. These boards require a 32-nm CPU Clarkdale like the G6950 to test integrated graphics.

Updating the BIOS can be a good option for you and IF you don’t know the proper way to do that then you can see the manual for the BIOS. I am saying this to you because method to flash the BIOS is depends on the bios manufacturer but if we talk about the latest boards then I would like to tell you that they are having their own bios flashing utility. You will just have to visit the motherboard manufacturer and from there download bios version in w/c that is supported by your board.